Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Burn

I've been tanning for months and I went to the tanning bed yesterday and my face burnt! My wedding is in 10 days and I need some advice on how to get the redness to go down. Any ideas?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Burn

• Options
    Aloe vera gel will help with the redness/reduce the chances of peeling.

It should go down considerably, if not completely disappear, in 10 days. However, if it doesn't go away entirely, make sure to use a bronzer on your wedding day, which will mask redness.

Good luck and congrats on your wedding!
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    You can go to the Doctor and get an rx for Silvadene Cream.  It works like a charm.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    it'll go down in 10 days. a minor burn like a sunburn will disappear in less than a week. just put some aloe on your skin, and keep your skin moisturized after the initial burn is over (24-48 hours). no need to waste the doctor's time and your money for silvadene cream--that stuff is for second degree burns.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options

Take some aspirin--it will help any swelling go down as well.

• Options

If you get aloe gel, just read the ingredients and made sure there isn't a lot of alcohol in it... made that mistake once... that hurt a lot!!! 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Estee Lauder has a great product called Advanced Night Repair - it works AMAZING.  You really only need one application of it - I'd swing by the counter and see if they have a sample - if not, use the "tester" bottle.  :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Chamomile tea compresses. Purchase some gauze from the drug store and regular old chamomile tea. Steep in cool, not cold, water for 2-3 minutes and apply the gauze straight to your face. Use the teabags themselves over your eyes. Chamomile is one of the most soothing products out their. I use this trick on some of my clients who have extremely sensitive, red skin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards