South Carolina

Charleston Wedding-- Venue Help!

I am a KY bride looking at venues in Charleston. We love the idea of getting married in Charleston. We want a traditional southern wedding with a guest list of about 150. The ideal would be a plantation home on the water with both indoor and outdoor space. I have found a few, but its getting very expensive! We have two years to plan, July 2013, so saving for a dream wedding is possible.

What venues meet this criteria? I have already researched Lowndes Grove, The Island House, Creek Club at I'On, Aiken House, and a few others... Lowndes Grove is our ideal... but it is so EXPENSIVE! $6,500 for a saturday wedding. Any places that are comparable? Thanks so much! 

Re: Charleston Wedding-- Venue Help!

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    All of the plantations are going to be in the price range for a Saturday wedding.  If you want to cut costs significantly, then you will have to think about a Friday or Sunday wedding.  You can also check out Magnolia Plantation.
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or Boone Hall Plantation--it books up fast, but you could prob get a 2013 date.
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boone hall or Magnolia would be my suggestions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hidden treasure of SC...google search "The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation". Becoming a very popular and reasonable wedding venue!!! It's gorgeous.
  • MoochieMCH2MoochieMCH2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also suggest Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant.  It's publicly owned so the rates are a little better.

Dates book quickly though -- I think in May they open the calendar for the following year and the most popular months book FAST.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_charleston-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:726b0452-0894-4b8f-853b-37a61416477ePost:cafa09d1-c80b-48ee-9bc8-079073c7a98d">Re: Charleston Wedding-- Venue Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hidden treasure of SC...google search "The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation". Becoming a very popular and reasonable wedding venue!!! It's gorgeous.
    Posted by CuteKt3[/QUOTE]

<div>Just FYI -- The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation does (to my knowledge anyway) not have air conditioning inside.  That would be killer for a July wedding in Charleston.</div><div>
    </div><div>Really, I wouldn't even expect people to be outside much in July.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm glad you've looked at the Creek Club at I'On.  I'm having my reception there on 3/3/12.  Based on all the things that come with space (15 60" round tables, 3 8' buffet tables, 2 6' farm tables, 125 chiavari chairs) and the things that come with the catering (all service staff, all china, glass, and flatware), it really works out to be a decent deal.  A lot of places in Charleston don't include that much stuff in their rental and/or catering price, and you end up having to rent it separately.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards