Nebraska-Omaha

DIY

what is everyone's diy list?  pics of what you have done?

Re: DIY

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did menu cards, invites, aisle runner, (real) flowers, guestbook, programs (from a kit)...

My pictures and what I did can be found here: http://sites.google.com/site/knottiehuskerfanz/

final pics here:

http://huskerfanz.weebly.com/details.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    ugh...it's all in my bio. haha My DIY stuff is on hold for now...we decided to suddenly buy a house, so I'm a LITTLE busy these days. :)
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I made our own unity candle.  My mom, MoH, and I are going to be making our reception centerpieces this winter, it will give us something to do during the cold and snowy days.  I haven't decided yet if we're going to do our own invitations or not.  I also need to figure out what to do as far as our candy buffet goes.

Your ring bearer's pillow is awesome!  Love it!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, here's the pics!

Unity Candle:

I just got a simple white pillar candle and wrapped ribbon around it.

Not-quite completed prototype of our centerpieces:

We still need to add ribbon around the tin.  We're using a variety of different silk flowers in white, cream, and blue colors.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    red eyes where did you buy the candle?
  • edited December 2011
    alexchristine: I bought the candle for like $3 at Michaels (it's just a standard white pillar candle) and I added the 2" navy blue ribbon and the 1/2" light yellow ribbon on top.
    imageAnniversary
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RedEyes: I love the unity candle, I think I am going to have to look into doing something similar!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

ditto!

• edited December 2011
    The candle literally took me like 5 minutes to put together!  It's super simple and I think it's very elegent.  I couldn't bring myself to purchase one for $30 when I could make it for under $5.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards