Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shower hostess gift question...

So my shower is being funded from my aunts, my MOH and Mom... and my FIs mom... I think. Anyways... my shower is a 'surprise'. So I would not be lugging all those gifts around with me, right?  I am not sure how to handle the handing out of the hostess gifts.  Could be 7 gifts I think.  

MOH said go around and hand deliver them. Well that would take all day. None of these people live in the same area.  She did say she likes adventures, so I might make her come with me for that haha. 

In all seriousness though, what did you guys do?!   Thanks!

Re: Shower hostess gift question...

• edited December 2011
    Never got around to getting them gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I want to.  :)  I was gonna order something right now. But I need to know if I should give all of those people something. I need to ask my mom, that is if she would actually acknowledge that there IS a shower. (She is nuts, shes trying to make it a surprise, but its like you can say there IS a shower yanno)
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my girls bath and body works stuff (so their next "showers" would be as great as mine was :P) and mailed it to them.
  • lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You get gifts for whoever hosts your showers?  I thought it was traditionally the MOB and the bridesmaids.. Do I need to do this?

I am totally not helping you out at all, sorry, but I had no idea I should be buyign gifts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LRM, that's cute.

I didn't get mine anything.  It was my whole bridal party and my mom that funded.  My mom hosted it at her house.  I got them their bridesmaid gifts and my mom will be getting an album once I pick the darn pictures. 

How will you be getting to the shower if it's a surprise?  DH drove me b/c it was a "bbq" at my mom's.  If FI drives you, can't he pack them in the trunk w/o you knowing?  If FI isn't going with you, he'll probably meet you there later on into it to help you get the gifts home.  Tell him to bring them the day of but to be sure he's sneaky about it so it doesn't ruin the surprise. I dunno, just an idea?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Stacy- My MOH said 'well you mom told me to now tell you when the shower is, but I can tell you when we are going to 'hang out', its Feb 6' haha. So she told me to meet me at her poppops house at 1 that day.  I guess FI can bring the gifts later, thanks for thinking of that!   You are so smart!
  • edited December 2011
    I think having FI bring them is a great idea. I knew about mine but I had my mom bring the gifts.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I gave the gift of "Thank You" and a hug :)  I think having your FI bring them later, or even mailing like LRM did is a good plan.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it is different since my BP funded my shower and they were getting gifts anyway? They had longer notes in their TY cards ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I would honestly just mail them, with a nice note.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think that mailing them is a bit impersonal.  When I get a gift, I always wait til I'm with the giver to open it.  As a giver, I like to see the person open my gift.  I think that's the best part of it. The only reason to mail them would be if you never see them, but you will at the shower.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I did what LRM did too. I made up little gift bags with shower gel, perfume, etc with a cute notecard that said 'I hope your next shower is as great as mine was' and gave them to my MOH, BM, Mother, and MIL. I knew about my shower though so I took them with me and handed them out.

In your case, I think I'd mail them though.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok that is the best thing if FI brings the gifts since he would (should) be coming to the shower towards the end.  thanks for your insight ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards