Nevada-Las Vegas

trying to be sneaky

Obviously if the word "wedding" is mentioned in a sentence, there will automatically be a "F&B minimum" or some other outlandish charge.  So my FI and I are tossing around the idea of just making a group reservation at some restaurant, probably only 20-25 people will be there, and just not telling them what the gathering is for.  Has anyone ever done this or is it right to do?  I'm at the point where I will lie through my teeth in order to not be charged for stupid stuff.  How would we even make it work, especially if we want to have a wedding cake?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: trying to be sneaky

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_trying-to-be-sneaky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9d267a8c-c72e-4793-b51c-aa319a05d5e3Post:5b231668-356d-4e9f-a30c-44f5ae953341">Re: trying to be sneaky</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL....I love this post! Any of the special 'wedding restauarnts' that are commonly talked about on here and other Wedding boards probably know better, but a "local" or even chain restaurants would probably love to have your "family gathering" at their establishment. Just ask if they have a private room and if you can order straight from the menu. (They will most likely just ask that you put it all on ONE tab) I have brought in birthday/graduation cakes to many restaurants.....so, I'm sure a SIMPLE wedding cake wouldn't be a problem.....just ask!   Pam Fullerton Licensed Wedding Officiant <a href="http://www.VegasVowsForFree.com" rel="nofollow">www.VegasVowsForFree.com</a> "Because love shouldn't cost a thing!"
    Posted by VegasVowsForFree[/QUOTE]
    lol, any restaurant suggestions?  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How are you going to explain your wedding dress? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cheesecake factory
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_trying-to-be-sneaky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9d267a8c-c72e-4793-b51c-aa319a05d5e3Post:2c04c0ed-144d-4f99-a626-036929ae08da">Re: trying to be sneaky</a>:
    [QUOTE]How are you going to explain your wedding dress? :)
    Posted by Sorcha77[/QUOTE]
    I will tell them it is Halloween early.  lol! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_trying-to-be-sneaky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9d267a8c-c72e-4793-b51c-aa319a05d5e3Post:10b6fa3c-81b0-43a8-b938-ce11007ea17e">Re: trying to be sneaky</a>:
    [QUOTE]cheesecake factory
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]
    I just checked out their menu...omg!  They sound yummy and they're affordable :)  I just hope they can tell me yes to being able to accomodate a medium sized group without a minimum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies have no idea how grateful I am for all this information you're sending my way!!  Thank you so much! :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pam, please adjust your signature; vendors, even ones offering services for free, are not permitted on TK.  Other vendors have complained to TK admins about it already and I was asked to intervene before they ban your account.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I tried to do this, lol! I just emailed a few asking about "large group reservation"....I didn't mention that it just *happened* to be my wedding. For our size group, they all required that we order off the group menu, which was usually more expensive than the regular menu. I couldn't find a restaurant that would let us order off the regular menu. 
    I ended up going with Margaritaville. They have Group Packages and Wedding Packages. Even though this is a wedding, we're still able to order off the group menu and do without the wedding extras. The service fees are the same. They told me groups over 20 cannot order off the regular menu. I think most places are similar.

Good luck! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_trying-to-be-sneaky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9d267a8c-c72e-4793-b51c-aa319a05d5e3Post:e5594548-bf9c-4662-a856-be027ff8c7f5">Re: trying to be sneaky</a>:
    [QUOTE] I ended up going with Margaritaville. They have Group Packages and Wedding Packages. Even though this is a wedding, we're still able to order off the group menu and do without the wedding extras. The service fees are the same. They told me groups over 20 cannot order off the regular menu. I think most places are similar. Good luck! 
    Posted by MeghanERobertson[/QUOTE]

Are you getting a private room or having the group in the main dining room?  Reason I ask is because we looked at them too and for a private room their prices were completely ridiculous; $8000 f/b minum not counting booze for a party of 40 in the 2nd level area.

• edited December 2012
    Vegasgroom, 
    We haven't decided if we will go with a private room yet or not. We're waiting to get back our RSVPs and will let our coordinator know if we will meet the F&B minimum based on our guest count. So as of today, we do not have a private room booked, just a public space. But if we think we'll meet the $4000 minimum to reserve the private Clipper room (and it looks like we will) then we can contact Margaritaville closer to the wedding and reserve it. 
    And the $4000 minimum was for everything we order: food, alcohol, party favors, cake, etc. So I think we'll make it. 
  • Wow that's great news, they used to not include booze in the F&B so they sound like they've finally come to their senses.

• We just booked our reception for Ri Ra at Mandalay Bay.  They have a cute little room that fits about 30 ppl with a bar.  We only had to agree to a $750 minimum to reserve the room and then there are different per plate price levels.  We thought everything there was really reasonably priced and the person seemed really accommodating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards