Nevada-Las Vegas

Wardrobe issues resolved! (Little long)

So I originally purchased my dress almost a year and a half ago.  When I had to cancel my first wedding date, I put it in my closet and didn't think much about it.  I tried it on for the first time on January 7 to see if it would need altered before my wedding on May 1.

The dress wouldn't zip.  I had apparently gained around 15 pounds in a little over a year. Embarassed  I buckled down and lost 11 pounds in 7 weeks.  I tried it on today and it zips!  It is a little tight across the midsection, but I am so happy to know that it at least zips.  I think if I lost another 5-8 pounds it will fit perfectly.  I am going to take it to have a bustle put on sometime this week, and then I'll post some pictures of it.

Also, today Luke got his wedding suit!  Men's Warehouse is having a 50% off sale and got a beautiful Calvin Klein black suit for $250.   SO happy today was a productive wedding day!  

How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: Wardrobe issues resolved! (Little long)

• edited December 2011
    Keep up the good work and congrats on the groom's suit. I think that was harder to find than my dress was, so I feel your pain!

I did some heavy work on our slideshow which I'm using Animoto to create (http://animoto.com/?ref=iuowvahy). I also worked on our playlist since we're using an iPod in our suite.
  • edited December 2011
    chrisandeva-
    How did you decide to do your slideshow? Are you bringing in a dvd player or using your laptop?
  • edited December 2011

I talked to WC and the Vista Suite does not have a DVD player, but you can 1) pay like $150 to use one of the hotels, or 2) hook up your own. So I guess we are bringing our travel DVD player on the trip. Our WC (Carey) even said if we forget ours, she can let us borrow her personal DVD player.

• edited December 2011
    good to know! Thanks for the info. My fiance's family is flying in and ALWAYS has their dvd player, so maybe we can just use theirs. I still haven't decided if I want to take the time to make the slide show!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my second dress fitting yesterday.  Debi at Fit for a Bride is making some major changes to my dress and I couldn't be happier.  She's amazing.

Also had my make-up trial at the MAC Store and got candy for our favors at the M&Ms Store.  Had to brave traffic on the Strip, but it was worth it :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the weight loss. You can get the last few off no problem. Having a wedding dress as motivation sure helps! I had a reality check when I tried on mine. I have +6 months though! Buckled down and got a personal trainer. I hope I can do it to! Its really hard to stay on track sometimes...  We have yet to get the tux booked...but I guess there is still more time! Congrats again though!
  • edited December 2011
    Keep up the good work and you will be fine! and I have been working on the iPod music list...ugghh! It's fun but at the same time hard to make sure and have a good mix for all personalities...and I went shopping! I will try and get a pic up, but I found candles and hurricane vases for the table where the food will be on in the suite.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    ugh I haven't even started the playlist for my iPod. I guess I'm hoping it will magically do itself haha. BTW how many songs are you guys going to have?
  • edited December 2011
    Well done with the weight loss.  Keep it up!

I had my bridal shower yesterday and it was SO fun.  There were only a few of us there, but we had a great time.

I continue to have nightmares (no more Loch Ness monster) about all the things that I need to get done in the next few days (13 to go). Apparently I wouldn't shut up last night so FI finally woke me up to see what I was talking about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the weight loss!  I'm working on that but so far no such luck.

I got to see my wedding band this weekend.  I absolutely love it.  We aren't picking it up until later this week so I'll post pictures when I get back.

Having the FI book the limo this week and I'm actually heading down to Orlando for a few days.  Running a half marathon and taking a mini vacation from life.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    wow! Congrats on the weight loss! What did you do? I get married June 26 and am hoping to loose 10- 15 lbs. Not sure I can do it in that time....I would be so happy to loose 11 like you!! Good work :)
  • edited December 2011
    Lindsy - Thanks!  I worked with a trainer for four sessions to learn about the machines and weights in my gym.  I went around 4 days a week.  I also did weight watchers online. It took about 7 weeks to lose the weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards