Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaids dresses that don't clash

Hello fellow brides!! :)

I got my dress a few months back (YAY!!!) and it's an off the shoulder dress with a sweetheart neck line... similar to this one. I am trying to find dresses for my girls and was thinking this one shoulder dress, however I'm struggling finding dresses for them because:

1: Each bridesmaid lives in a different state (boo!)---So it has to be from David's Bridal.
2: 3/4 of my bridesmaids refuse to wear strapless.
3: They range from size 2-16
4: My dress is an off the shoulder dress and I don't know if a dress that has shoulder straps will clash with my dress.

Any tips? Thank you :-D

Re: Bridesmaids dresses that don't clash

• I didn't vote because you have many more options than David's Bridal (Macy's; Nordstrom; J Crew; Talbots; Lord & Taylor; Sears; JC Penney; Dillard's; etc.) , so I don't think you're limited to the dress you've chosen.  Good luck!

• This would look fine together. I am in the same situation for my girls and DB was easily the best place to go and everyone loves the dress that I picked. They look perfectly fine.
  • It won't clash - in fact I don't notice that a lot of BM dresses are the same style neckline as the bride.  I happen to like that dress.  And FWIW, I haaaaate strapless dresses (on me) so it's nice that you're giving them options.
  • I love the wedding dress style.  I think the BM dress would clash not because of the neckline but because it looks more ornate than your dress. 
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridesmaids-dresses-that-dont-clash?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:59fd8fdc-2ac8-4a10-bc1e-0ca4ffde4279Post:8195745e-2407-423b-8ffd-1d71eb13ce8c">Re: Bridesmaids dresses that don't clash</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't vote because you have many more options than David's Bridal (Macy's; Nordstrom; J Crew; Talbots; Lord & Taylor; Sears; JC Penney; Dillard's; etc.) , so I don't think you're limited to the dress you've chosen.  Good luck!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]
    This!
  • I have BM across the country, I picked the designer, and went to their website and used the store locator to tell each BM their nearest store. It worked great for us, and it will open your dress options up quite a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards