California-Los Angeles

Wayfarer's Chapel - Any others Similar?

Hello ladies,

I'm in love with Wayfarer's Chapel in Palos Verdes but would love to know if there are similar-type small chapels in the L.A. area, from Santa Monica to Silverlake to Pasadena. We're less than 30 so a small-ish chapel would be ideal. Can be outdoors with a view, but preferably inside for a Dec/Jan wedding. Then we'll likely move to a restaurant for a dinner/reception.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated!
Maria

Re: Wayfarer's Chapel - Any others Similar?

• edited December 2011
    I believe there is a nice chapel on the Pepperdine campus in Malibu.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • nmyung728nmyung728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love wayfarer's chapel as well!!!
  • mtlorensenmtlorensen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the Stauffer Chapel (Pepperdine) recommendation. Unfortunately, they limit who can marry there to P. Univ. students, children of ex-students, etc.

It' so beautiful though! :)
  • edited December 2011
    :( Oh well.

I'm actually getting married at Forest Lawn. They have a lot of really pretty chapels - 3 or 4 in Glendale and 2 in Hollywood Hills. They do some weddings, not tons, but they do ahve a wedding coordinator. It really depends if you're willing to go that far inland though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Buerge Chapel in Pacific Palisades.  http://www.buergechapel.org/

The chapel is very small and would be perfect for 30 people.  There's a fireplace inside and one wall of the chapel is open.  On the grass area right outside the open wall is where the reception was set up.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards