Snarky Brides

Annoyances

Re: Annoyances

• Oh man I spent my balls on crap at a Lia Sophia party one time.  And then the stuff came, I never wear it.  I ordered a ballin' pair of earrings and they are too heavy to wear.  Pissed me right the fuckoff.
    panther
  • I get annoyed that DH leaves his dirty dishes on the counter, doesn't rinse them, leaves his napkin on them so it sticks and then procedes to spread dishes out on the counter above the dishwasher which is usually empty or has just a few other dirty dishes in it.
  • I don't think you can ever leave those parties and not spend at least $50.  The last party I went to was Pampered Chef and between my order (and some stuff my mom wanted) I spent $65. 

The stuff on FB is annoying enough, but now people have started sending me FB messages starting off with "HI!  I miss you!  Do you want to throw a party?"  Don't pretend this is an attempt to reconnect, please.  Just call a spade a spade.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I am extremely annoyed that I have to work this Saturday night until 11pm. I am a teacher. I work two Saturday nights a year on extra curricular stuff and one has to fall on St. Patricks day, when it is finally on a weekend. 

DH and I love to go out on St. Patty's.  I had gotten over it, but now the invites and texts are popping up and I have to tell all of my friends I can't go out :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:77b83e19-b341-49a2-8246-3ad719970084">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my bridesmaids let her friend set up a table to sell her jewelry at my bridal shower. I was appalled that people came, bought me gifts, and got solicited to buy stuff. But at that point, what can you do? Um, except complain about it to you guys. Which I think I did.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Oh ew I would be so mad. My best friend sells Thirty One and at my shower she brought me a bag with "Bride" embroidered on it.

A) I will never use that, probably not even on the one day I could.(but yes, thank you for thinking of me!!)
    B) She then proceeded to tell everone how they, too, could get a "Mother of the Groom" or "Last Name" bag in a very enthusiastic voice.

That was enough for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My neighbor invited me to a 31 party once.  Who the eff buys that crap, seriously?  NO
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Wow, none of my friends sell anything. Id totally not be down with being dragged into crap like that. I hate that crap. Its bad enough that I ordered some pampered chef stuff from the site 2 years ago and the rep in my area emails me twice a week frigging bugging me about pampered chef crap. EFF OFF LADY!!
  • I haven't heard of 90% of these parties/products you guys are talking about.  I'm ok with that. 

My sister went through her get-rich-quick phase and thought Noni Juice was going to make her dreams come true.  I'm very glad that was a short lived phase. 
  • I ordered some vintage Tupperware on etsy a while ago and I got a message from a friend of mine who apparently sells Tupperware, all pissy that I didn't buy from her.  Bitch, please.  I'm not going to pay top dollar for your stupid Tupperware when I can get kickass vintage Tupperware on the internets for cheap.  Suck it.
    panther
  • I'm annoyed at gas pumps. The freaking price of gas has gone through the roof, up your freaking auto cut offs!  $75 doesn't fill my tank, and it pisses me off that I have to hang up the pump and re-do my card just for the last $10-$15 to fill up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a few friends who own security companies.  They post job listings like every hour on the hour.  On their personal page.  Listen asshole, start a fan page or business page and post that shiit there.  I dont care about your $10 an hour security job up in Maine.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:a36f2679-2ab5-4e14-903f-7c96d39bdfdf">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]My neighbor invited me to a 31 party once.  Who the eff buys that crap, seriously?  NO
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

My mom bought me something from 31, but it's a lunch bag so I it almost everyday. Everything else from there is kinda fug imo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:32f0b972-ab7f-41c2-83ed-c8cd0bc40c60">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed at gas pumps. The freaking price of gas has gone through the roof, up your freaking auto cut offs!  $75 doesn't fill my tank, and it pisses me off that I have to hang up the pump and re-do my card just for the last $10-$15 to fill up.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I will add that I get annoyed with myself because I refuse to believe gas is as expensive as it is. So even though it would cost 40 freaking dollars to fill up my tiny Civic, I will only put $25 in. And then be pissed 2 days later when I have to get gas again.

I really need to rearrange my driving habits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations, Dmill!!

I'm annoyed at how messy our apartment is right now, and generally we are pretty neat, FI more than me, and I'm the messy one.  Our dishwasher stopped working, and we called the landlord and he hasn't sent anyone yet.  We also got sent a bunch of gifts before the shower that are just chilling in the dining room.  Now after the shower we took some of the gifts and they are overflowing in the kitchen.  The amount of stuff I need to do to make it clean is overwhelming. I just wish that we had cleaned everything up first so it wasn't a mess on top of a mess. 
  • NebbNebb member
    I want vintage tupperware. And baskets. I'm on a basket kick right now.
  • jenna, I fill up twice a week and it makes me cry a little each time.

thanks, meg :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've said this before, but I'm glad gas prices are on the rise.  Gas has to become unaffordable before we (as a society, I mean; not as individuals) take alternative fuels seriously. 
  • I'm annoyed with my life in general today.

Except the weather.  That's pretty awesome.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• I'm a little annoyed at our landlord. They called yesterday because someone (not sure who!) had complained about the dog shiit in the front yard. Our dog only goes out in the fenced backyard. It's our downstairs neighbor's dog that uses the front yard. No, I will not go clean up some other dog's shiit. Yeah. It smells, but we're sorry.

I'm a little concerned we'll have neighbor problems if they think we called and complained. I don't care about the poop in yard as long as I don't step in it. I just hope the people that live below us paid their pet fee or else they'll probably be in a little hot water with the landlord.
  • I'm annoyed at my idiot boss who doesn't know the difference between forwarding and replying. If I send you 5 attachments to look over and approve, I don't want you to forward me the email I sent you, I just want a reply that says approved. She doesn't even know what they're for anyway so I don't know why she has to approve them in the first place. I'm pretty much annoyed at every aspect of my job right now.

• NebbNebb member
    I usually fill my car once a week and it costs 50-55$, my commute is almost 50km each way. That means nothing to you crazy americans lol
  • I'm also annoyed because I fuucking fell down the stairs right before my shower, which was super embarrassing (even though FI "caught" me) and now my asss and thigh is bruised and hurts a ton.  Finally got a massage to get the knots out of my thighs and hips and I fall and fuuck everything up again.  Not happy.
  • Etsy, Nebb.  I'm telling you.

LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIES.  My mom has the same set, hehe.

I stared at vintage tupperware and vintage pyrex for fucking hours.  I could probably kill a few hours doing it right now.
    panther
  • Erin, you remind me of another annoyance.  Nobody on the two streets that I walk down between my apartment and work ever picks up after their dogs.  I've watched people walk their dogs almost every day around here, let the dog crap, and they just walk away.  Pisses me off like crazy.  Plus, there are little kids running around here, and they're letting their dogs crap in their yards.  Where toddlers play.  Disgusting.  I hate neglectful dog owners. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:28129317-926d-4dd7-909f-e531872e0247">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've said this before, but I'm glad gas prices are on the rise.  Gas has to become unaffordable before we (as a society, I mean; not as individuals) take alternative fuels seriously. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

So when gas become unaffordable, what 2% of people get to use the green energy that is available for consumtion right now?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I filled my tank on March 1 and haven't even used a quarter tank. I don't drive a whole lot and I'm very glad. Driving gives me horrible anxiety.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:b39c88c8-2e39-4517-bbbc-156bc12ef8d0">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, you remind me of another annoyance.  Nobody on the two streets that I walk down between my apartment and work ever picks up after their dogs.  I've watched people walk their dogs almost every day around here, let the dog crap, and they just walk away.  Pisses me off like crazy.  Plus, there are little kids running around here, and they're letting their dogs crap in their yards.  Where toddlers play.  Disgusting.  I hate neglectful dog owners. 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ugh, yes. H goes out once a week and picks up the crap in the back yard. I don't even know why our neighbors choose to have the dog go in the front yard when the back yard is fenced and it's not an eyesore to have poop back there.

</div>
  • My husband is notoriously terrible at picking up dogshit.  I was so pissed off this morning - all our snow melted yesterday and there were a couple piles in our yard that should have been picked up weeks ago, but were underneath snow.  He thinks it's okay to leave it there when there's snow because it freezes and you can pick it up later.  Except when it melts, and it's even nastier then before.  I'm not picking up that shiit.
    panther
  • i'm annoyed that I just drove 25 minutes each way for class and received no education today.  I even checked the damn website to make sure that class wasn't cancelled.  i got there and there was a sign on the door saying class was cancelled.  I want that 50 minutes of my life back.  Had I known, I coulld have started tons of projects and such this morning.  No consideration at all.
  • I'm annoyed by the movie and music festival that is going on in town right now.  Apparently there are a ton of celebrities running around town right now but I've seen none of them.  Instead, I see an endless parade of annoying hipsters who clog the streets and sidewalks and make leaving my office at lunch impossible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards