Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee SE WI area Vendor Reviews!

Our wedding was on 5/5/12 and guests left boasting it was the wedding of the year! Here are our reviews...

Reception Venue 
Harley-Davidson Museum (Rumble Room) - A+
Levy Restaurants caters all events at the Harley-Davidson Museum, and the food is excellent! We had no doubts it's probably in the top five best caterers we could go with in the MIlwaukee area. Two weeks after the event and our guests are still talking about how good the food was! We had a sit down dinner. We gave our guests two options for entrees, and then we had a kids meals (at a lower rate) and vegetarian options for our guests too! Levy Restaurants were very accommodating for our guests with food allergies. The servers were fantastic and friendly. We could have used a few more servers for our amount of guests as the wine that accompanied dinner came out later than our guests wished (bar was closed during dinner).  The late night pizzas were the biggest hit, and although my husband and I were too busy dancing to grab a slice, they looked delicious! One our our bridesmaids was so impressed by her entree that she immediately stabbed her whole chicken breast by the fork and walked it over (on fork, lol) to her husband so he could try it. 
Anne Radtke and Jill Engel of Harley-Davidson Museum were fantastic to work with. They were very accommodating and flexible and helped calm my mother's nerves when she was worried about the wedding decor :) They were a huge help and very patient and very supportive to my family, the groom and I!  The Rumble Room has a fantastic view of downtown Milwaukee and was absolutely gorgeous. With the help of my family and the events staff at Rumble and our florist, the room was transformed into a surreal fantasy that took our breath away.

Day of Wedding Coordinator
Let's Have an Affair - A+
Hiring a day of wedding coordinator was the best thing we did.  We had so much going on the night of our wedding we would have been lost without Chris Albrecht. She is very experienced and took care of the details so our parents and us could enjoy the day without any worries! The week before the wedding I lost weight and my reception dress needed alterations and she was on it immediately and found an fantastic tailor and a great price! She scheduled the whole day and took care of all the decorations afterward so we didn't have to. She made sure everything ran smooth, and it did!!! She even made sure we got a drink from the bar when we arrived at the reception venue! I was about to stand in line, lol. 

Florist
La Tulipe LLC, Vicki Kunz - A+ 
To me, the flowers were the most essential design element in creating our vision.  The flowers were key into transforming the space and reflecting our energy as a bride and groom.  La Tulipe was reccommended by family friends and by other wedding vendors. She has participated in Art in Bloom at the Milwaukee Art Museum which sold me (as my floral vision was based loosely off of Frida Kahlo paintings). Vicki was amazing in helping brainstorm and was very flexible. We had dahlias, orchids, eremus, queen annes lace, glorioso lilies, and protea... when the florist delivered the bouquets to our ceremony site I started crying because they were perfectly beautiful! The centerpeices at the reception venue left me in awe! Vicki is amazingly talented and wonderful to work with! Her creations exceded our expectations.  

Photographer
Tim Fitch (Madison) - A+ 
Finding the right photographer for us was a long process.  We both agreed we wanted someone with a strong artistic background who was easy going, relaxed, versatile and matches our personality.  I just graduated from art school, and as an artist, I was probably biased in our selection. We wanted a photographer who's photographs captured natural emotions and actions and weren't necessarily all posed.   We wanted someone we could feel comfortable with. When we found Tim Fitch, out of Madison, and then met with him, we both knew he was perfect for us.  His artistic and design background is extensive, he went to school for photography, and his work matches our need for something more unique, he's a designer, very friendly and easy going while having great work ethic. He is amazingly talented and we were honored to have him capture our day. We highly recommend Tim Fitch for your big day!

Dress
Stone Manor Bridal (Cedarburg) - A
Wedding dress was from Stone Manor. Didn't even need to go anywhere else! They have an excellent selection at reasonable prices.  They are great buyers and have something for everyone. I also purchased my veil there too. Gail did my alterations, and she was wonderful! I lost weight two weeks before my wedding and she was able to take in my dress at the last minute. The girls who work there are fantastic. Bridesmaid dresses were also from Stone Manor. 
BLHDN.COM - A
My reception dress was from BHLDN. They didn't open their Chicago store yet so I ordered it online. Fantastic quality. Easy returns.
Shoes from Nordstrom, hair flowers from etsy, undergarments from Macys and Nordstrom

Make Up
Blush (Milwaukee) Theresa - A
I've never had my make up done professionally before and was nervous but Theresa was fantastic! She's super friendly and funny, very sweet! She did an amazing job. I'm so happy I went with her. 

Hair
Freya Salon (Milwaukee) - A+
Fantastic work! My hair didn't budge at all that night and it was perfect. They are so talented at Freya and everyone looked gorgeous. Thanks to the Freya team! :) xoxox

Cake
Sendik's Food Market (Whitefish Bay) - A+
Fantastic cake at an amazingly reasonable price! We were able to take samples home from the bakery. Drea (cake decorator) is super talented and her cakes are delicious, it was perfect! Stephanie (floral) decorated the cake with peonies, gloriosa lilies and orchids and it was absolutely beautiful. Our guests loved the cake. It arrived safely to our venue, thanks Craig! Everyone at Sendik's was amazing. Thank you!

Carey Limo
Carey Limo - A
Great service! Drove us around all day in shuttle for our wedding day shenanigans! Charles was fantastic.

Re: Milwaukee SE WI area Vendor Reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards