• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

I let little things bug me...

Okay, remember that crazy wedding I went to back in October? The whole majorly dysfunctional relationship and the bride "forgetting" that she asked me to be a bridesmaid and all that jazz?

Well, instead of looking for a job (her H - my friend - is still in school and only has a part time job so they definitely need the money) she decides her time is better spent sitting at home, recording herself singing songs and posting them on youtube/Facebook. Yes, we all know that you have a lovely voice. However, you don't get a dollar every time someone comments on your video, so therefore it isn't a productive use of your time! Gah!

I know I shouldn't let it bother me. It's not my life. It's not affecting me in any way. But it just bugs me that she doesn't think she needs to work or do anything to help with their financial situation.

Of course, what was I expecting? She doesn't even have a drivers license.

/end rant.
The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
"I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: I let little things bug me...

• That would be annoying. I wonder if anyone says or hints anything to her. I have to ask, does she have a good voice? Is she being totally unreasonable on Youtube, or is there a one in a million chance she could be discovered? I mean, she should still be contributing... maybe sell Scentsy or Avon or something she can kind of do from home.
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • She has a very nice voice. But not a "ohmygosh you're so fabulous that everyone will want to listen to you sing all the time!!!!!" voice. It's good, but not amazing or anything. Even if she was making some sort of effort (like getting a drivers license and at least filling out applications) I wouldn't be so ticked. The job market is tough, especially of you have no higher education and zero job experience (*coughcough*). But she's not even trying, and that ticks me off.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards