North Carolina

Lake Norman Home Rentals for Wedding

We are looking for a vacation home to rent on Lake Norman for an outdoor ceremony Labor Day weekend next year.  We'll likely have 100 guests.  Would like a large flat lot on the water with a patio area- that'd be ideal.  If anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Re: Lake Norman Home Rentals for Wedding

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no experience here, but I think you'll have a hard time finding someone to rent their home on the last official weekend of Summer (and a long weekend at that).  Plus the lake will be busy and there will likely be neighbors there having other parties etc.  It's probably not a good weekend for it. 
  • edited December 2011
    we actually did this for a baby shower and it worked out so well!  We basically just looked on craigslist.com found a few we were interested in and then set up appointments go to meet them and see the house.  It was no hassle and turned out fantastic.

I would totally go for it!!  Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To clarify, I wasn't trying to say don't do it.  I should have been more clear.  I just meant take a hard look at your date.  It'll likely be more expensive and less peaceful then other dates around it.
  • toribritetoribrite member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vacation Rental's By Owner is where I find all my vaca homes. I thought about doing this for my wedding as well, but the cost for a tent/tables/chairs was just too high and didn't make it worth it.

vrbo.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • belle825belle825 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

CheckTravis Pointe Waterfront Events and Vacations
    Search/google it in Facebook.

Contact person : TRAVIS STEWART
    704-618-9780 ( Cell 704-534-5080 )

Good Luck,

Lingky C Sugg for
    "FLOWERS BY LINGKY LLC"
  • edited December 2011
    You need to come see us at Travis Pointe Waterfront Events and Vacations! We are a new venue at Lake Norman with over 6 acres of private big water views in Mooresville, NC. Our Event Space includes an Event House for small indoor gatherings but outside are the finest tentable lawns and shaded hardwood areas for any lakefront event you can imagine. Great access from Charlotte but secluded and GORGEOUS!!! We also have accommodations for visiting family and friends in our Vacation House. We currently have a Facebook page for you to view some our amazing photos and our website, www.TravisPointeNC.com will be live soon. We'll be at the Bridal Show on Jan 8th too! 704-618-9780 for site visits

• edited December 2011
    You need to come see Travis Pointe Waterfront Events and Vacations! We are a new private 6-acre venue with an Event Space which includes Event House as well as wide open lawns and beautiful shaded areas opening onto million dollar views of Lake Norman. Perfect for tents! We can also accommodate overnight family and friends in our Vacation House. You have to see it to believe it! Check out our Facebook page, Travis Pointe Waterfront Events and Vacations. (I tried posting photos here but an error occurred.) Contact us through our website under contruction at www.TravisPointeNC.com
    We are located in Mooresville, NC with easy access to Charlotte. Call 704-618-9780 for site visits. All welcome!!!
  • MeganCarneyMeganCarney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for the same thing!  I have been searching for months with no luck!  Would love to know if anyone has found anything 
  • edited December 2011
    I shot a wedding at this location a few months ago. Lots of great picture opps and a very nice setting. http://www.skybluevacation.com/paradise_point.htm
  • edited December 2011
    I shot a wedding at this location a few months ago. Lots of great picture opps and a very nice setting. http://www.skybluevacation.com/paradise_point.htm
  • kbworth64kbworth64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a new venue on Lake Norman NC in Mooresville that would be perfect. It has a vacation house and an events building on 6 acres of Lake Norman waterfront. http://travispointenc.com
    Best wishes on your wedding!

karen

• The Arbors Events aounds like the perfect place! www.thearborsevents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards