Ohio-Cleveland

Summer Reception Site for 50 People (Private Dining Options?)

Hello fellow brides-to-be,

I am looking for a reception site for under 50 people. I'd prefer downtown Cleveland, surrounding neighborhoods (University Circle, Tremont, etc.), or west side suburbs. Our budget is approximately $50/person.

I'm not looking for the traditional wedding hall. Rather, I'm interested in historic buildings or restaurants with private dining.

Thanks for your help!
Sarah

Re: Summer Reception Site for 50 People (Private Dining Options?)

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some to check out include: Nicholson House in Lakewood (holds up to 125, but may do smaller parties?), Emerald Necklace Inn & Tea Room (B&B, can handle up to 35) in Rocky River, Stone Gables B&B in Ohio City (25-40 people), CWRU Manor or Gwinn Estate (if you have a CWRU connection), Glidden House (Univ. Circle), Crawford Auto & Aviation Museum, Spaces Gallery downtown.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Massimo de Milano is great as well. A friend had her weddint here- and I think they have smaller rooms.  What about the Silver Grill?
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Kimber0613Kimber0613 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I highly reccommend Lolita in the Tremont neighborhood.  It's owned by Michael Symon (Iron Chef tv show, also owns Lola).  Great neighborhood, great atmosphere, the food is fantastic, and the service is really excellent!  My husband and I ate there last September, and the bill for 2 of us was around $70, including drinks. 

Hope that helps!
  • sarah022287sarah022287 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips so far! Many of the ones already listed are slightly too small. We're looking at 45-50 people.

The ones I'm currently considering are:
    -Fahrenheit
    -Crop Bistro & Bar
    -Glidden House
    -Grand Pacific Junction Hotel
    -Sweetwater Landing
    -Park Lane Villa (questionable on size and price)
    -100th Bomb Group Restaurant
    -Heights Rockefeller Building (questionable on size and price)

Any ones that I am missing that I should consider?
  • edited December 2011
    The Marriott on W. 150th was just remodeled. We looked there for our rehearsal dinner (50 people- I have a big family!).  They have a smaller room that overlooks a courtyard.   You can either go through the banquet services or through the restaurant.  The chef at the restaurant was pretty impressive- he met with us for about 15 minutes and said he'd work within our budget.  They might be worth checking out.   We ended up just picking the church hall (but they are nice church halls- and one is frequently rented out for weddings) and having it catered, purely for convenience! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

the Ritz Carlton have a wonderful room that will be perfect for a small wedding group.I have been their once for a 2nd wedding and I am sure they spent about 50 pe person.
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check college club of cleveland
  • leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Hawthorne Vally Country Club for many events: weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and other nice events and they are just lovely. There is a patio overlooking the golfcourse, a nice sun room, a nie banquet room, and much more. The food is delicious too!

http://www.hawthornevalleycc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=6&Itemid=40
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    check out ponte vecchio

www.pontevecchioristorante.com

outstanding views of the city - out of towners will be impressed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards