Kentucky

Bachelorette Party

Hey everyone...I am thinking of having my Bachelorette party in either Lexington or Columbus, however I am not from either city.  I was hoping that some other brides could chime in and let me know what there was to do in these cities as far as nightlife goes to have a good time.  The party is not till May so it will be warmer :)  Also looking for a nice hotel!

Thanks

Re: Bachelorette Party

• edited December 2011
    I'm not too far from lexington. What are you and your girls looking to do? Dancing? Bar hopping? Shopping? Spa trip? Comedy off broadway, lots of patios also the Derby is the beginning of May- you may want to consider Louisville.....
  • arcook02arcook02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bars close really early in Lexington.
  • edited December 2011
    So true about bars in Lexington...went to a friends Bachlorette party and had no idea they closed so early...we ended up driving (had a DD) to Louisville to finish the night up!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are between the two, I would rule Lexington out. People who aren't from there tend not to know where to go or when the bars close, but go there anyways because it's relatively close to a lot of smaller/rural areas. I am in a wedding next month and the other bridesmaids chose Lexington before I could talk to them... We will see how it goes in a couple of weeks... My fiance went to UK (he's from Louisville) and he hates trying to party there.

I lived in Louisville for several years and there are definitely some fun bars and clubs there depending on what you want. So it may be an option for you depending on where you live.

My best friend is also getting married and we are traveling to Columbus for her bacchlorette since her aunt lives there. From what I hear there are a lot of fun places to go there since it is a larger city.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards