Wedding Woes

:: iphone and ipod touch people ::

i am getting an ipod touch.  how much memory do i need?

i will be using it primarily for apps -- games and such -- and the occasional movie or tv show. 

will 32G cover it?

Re: :: iphone and ipod touch people ::

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  We have the smaller one and you can do a lot with it.  Wireless internet it awesome.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    32GB should be more than enough.  16 might even work if they have that. I don't know about movies/TV.  But the real memory hogs are the people who put their whole itunes library on there. 

DH and I both have the 16GB iphone4. I think he's done some TV. I do lots of pics and videos (but you can offload those). Neither of us has run into any memory issues.

• zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DH has the 16GB and he does have to pick and choose which music to put on becauase he has downloaded so many big, ridiculous apps and also has pictures on there so that he can get a quick hit of Paris whenever he is stressed.  If I were getting one for myself I would want more space.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends if you need all of your music / video collection on the ipod/touch ( go for the higher gigs) else go with the lower ones :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a 16GB and use it for the same things you do, I just be sure to move the TV shows and stuff to my iTunes only when I'm done watching them. I'm constantly shuffling it around but I don't want a bunch of stuff I've already seen on my phone anyways so I'm totally okay with doing it that way even though it's a bit of a hassle.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do apps take up a lot of room?
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iphone-ipod-touch-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:20836feb-8853-4ace-a6d0-60eaf0fbb952Post:ab0c7f4a-3d22-4bf6-b967-cd973d0b93bc">Re: :: iphone and ipod touch people ::</a>:
    [QUOTE]do apps take up a lot of room?
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Depends on which apps, most of them do not, but there's some intensive database ones that I've downloaded and a few games that do. For example, the Betty Crocker cookbook one I have does as does and of the games with a lot of graphics or levels. The majority of the apps I use the most: banking, FB, mobileme gallery, shazam, real time sports scores, loseit, and a few fitness ones seem to take up very little room.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards