Chit Chat

Advice Help PLEASE!!! :(

Hello Everyone!

So, I will just get straight to the point and tell you whats going on. I bought a dress (yay!) BUT! I bought it with my dad and since my mother lives out of town my dad wanted to do something special and take me shopping! Well I went in expecting not to get anything, just to try out some different looks. And BOOM! I found THE dress.. But when I called my Mom later that night to break the news to her, she says to wait to go shopping because she really wants this to be a special thing for us.. Well I have my dress, but she doesn't know that.. Sooo do I tell her? Or do I try to play it off, and go shopping with her, not get anything, and say that I got one after? GAH!  I don't know what to do.. and the WORST part is, with all this guilt that I have been feeling, I kind of want to take the dress back, because what if I am shopping with my mom and I find something else??! How will I explain that one?? But then if I take the dress back I feel like that will rip my dad's heart to pieces, he was so exited to do this for me! 

I feel like either way, someone gets hurt and I REALLY would like to avoid that...

ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Thanks! :)

Re: Advice Help PLEASE!!! :(

• I would just be honest with her. I ended up checking out a sample sale with ZERO intention of buying a dress, but just like you I fount THE dress. Were people disappointed? Sure, but they saw how much I loved it and got over it. 

I'm sure your mom will be sad she didn't get to be there, but she'd probably be more disappointed if you lie to her. Just tell her and then (if possible) make sure to include her in fittings. Or, if you're planning to wear a veil she could help you shop for that?
    Anniversary
  • my advice, call your mom back, explain what was going on, that your dad took you out for something special for you two, that you wound up finding THE dress and bought it. If she's hurt, take her back to the store and try it on for her and see what she thinks. Have her help you pick out accessories, etc, and help her find something to wear.

she might be hurt, but she'd be more hurt if you weren't truthful to her and she found out...which she will because moms ALWAYS find out.

• I would call your mom and explain that you went with your dad. There are plenty of things that you and your mom can do together :)

With that said though, if your profile is right (8.23.2014), I probably would have suggested waiting longer before having gone and looked at dresses. However, if you know that this is your dress, keep it. Your mom should be happy that you found it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a MOB.  Of our 4 girls, 2 are mine biologically and the dress shopping thing is the Holy Grail part of this for me.  I was not a part of my stepdd's dress shopping, and wouldn't have gone if invited, just out of respect for their mom.

While I would be crushed in this situation, I would be double crushed if one of my girls lied about it.  Just be honest with her.  Do your folks get along ok? I hope this won't be seen as some kind of passive/aggressive thing between them.
  • I would just tell your mom. If you already found your dress and are happy with it, pretending to go dress shopping with your mom is just silly. I agree with the other ladies, maybe she can help you find a veil and accessories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Advice Help PLEASE!!! ::[QUOTE]I would call your mom and explain that you went with your dad. There are plenty of things that you and your mom can do together :With that said though, if your profile is right 8.23.2014, I probably would have suggested waiting longer before having gone and looked at dresses. However, if you know that this is your dress, keep it. Your mom should be happy that you found it : Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Yeah wow u do not need your dress this early. It's not a matter of if u find something else u like, it's a matter of when bc I can't imagine having my dress 2years before my wedding and not wanting to still look around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards