African American Weddings

What are you doing...?

We have more traffic than usual for it to be this late at night. Or maybe it seems that way since I'm in front of the computer working on addressing these invitations and I keep this window up.

What are you ladies doing besides knotting?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What are you doing...?

• cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working on invitations and looking for veils.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got home a little while ago (well home is my FI's parent's house for this week) from a play about Sam Cooke's life.  It was really interesting and had some good singers.  Now I am relaxing and catching up on TK while FI is mesmerized by ESPN highlights - LOL. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    invitations and emailing the poor lady at the hotel. i think ima need to send her flowers after this wedding for bugging the hell outta her...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    not a thing besides missing my FI :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Im watching Law & Order SVU & surfing the web for wedding stuff
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:80a66c46-174c-44d4-bb74-32c86f756de0">What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have more traffic than usual for it to be this late at night.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!! I just realized that it is 1:35pm. I have been on TK for 2.5 hours catching up on this week's threads. This is what happens when I don't log on for a few days. GN!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:06012701-bcb2-42fe-9007-b7507e07fb37">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working on invitations and looking for veils.
    Posted by cyndon[/QUOTE]

Are you looking on Etsy at all?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:d606bf96-2096-4347-95b1-e508b7b41c05">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got home a little while ago (well home is my FI's parent's house for this week) from a play about Sam Cooke's life.  It was really interesting and had some good singers.  Now I am relaxing and catching up on TK while FI is mesmerized by ESPN highlights - LOL. 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...who put on the play? And giiiiiiiirl...FI and I have it out everytime I visit about ESPN. Don't even let me get started!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:7196242a-5256-490f-9599-f6edc0862033">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]invitations and emailing the poor lady at the hotel. i think ima need to send her flowers after this wedding for bugging the hell outta her...
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]

Flowers would be a nice gesture, but she is doing what she is paid to do! What is your date again? I know soon after mine, but my brain is not functioning as well as if it were earlier so your ticker is doing me no good at all...lol. Are you just addressing or did you create your invites as well?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:57121455-1e24-4de1-b814-2ef9e8370bbf">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]not a thing besides missing my FI :-(
    Posted by BluIvory82[/QUOTE]

Awww...where is he? I'm missing mine too! I saw him literally for ten minutes today as he was passing by my exit heading out of town. It was soooo bittersweet.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:3ff7c47f-b3ce-4519-9810-d0f26afd04a7">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im watching Law & Order SVU & surfing the web for wedding stuff
    Posted by missheaven1999[/QUOTE]

I'm watching Criminal Intent myself...Law & Order never disappoints.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:469ba394-0a62-4065-ad66-09f04a7b2097">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What are you doing...? : OMG!!!! I just realized that it is 1:35pm. I have been on TK for 2.5 hours catching up on this week's threads. This is what happens when I don't log on for a few days. GN!
    Posted by EsquireJL[/QUOTE]

It isn't hard to do...time definitely got away from me tonight as well. Are you new to the boards or is my memory failing me?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:ea8d8ba0-f39e-472f-b82d-fd1d2df08412">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : Hmmm...who put on the play? And giiiiiiiirl...FI and I have it out everytime I visit about ESPN. Don't even let me get started!

I honestly don't know who put on the play, but it was at the Music Hall in Detroit.  The dude who played Eddie Kane in The Five Heartbeats was in it, so that was crazy to see him!

Yeah FI is a ESPN junkie - I like sports so most of the time I don't mind...but when I see he isn't even watching anything he's remotely interested in, like recaps of women's college basketball or hockey and he's just watching it out of habit, that's when I have to say something.  LOL
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:469ba394-0a62-4065-ad66-09f04a7b2097">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What are you doing...? : OMG!!!! I just realized that it is 1:35pm. I have been on TK for 2.5 hours catching up on this week's threads. This is what happens when I don't log on for a few days. GN!

I'm with you, I need to hit the bed.  I am sooo sleepy and I keep reading more posts!  GN ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:bbf53afc-5630-4383-8528-87346d7bea08">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : Awww...where is he? I'm missing mine too! I saw him literally for ten minutes today as he was passing by my exit heading out of town. It was soooo bittersweet.

He's home :-(  I was with him since Sun and I came home today to do some last min things for my ls' NYE party and now I cant sleep. I will see him later on today but it feels like I haven't seen him in years, lol
    awwwww at seeing him for 10 min. When is he coming back?
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working on my moms invitations for her 50th birthday party in February. I cannot tell you how many drafts I have done for this woman and she still hasnt decided on something.

Can I enjoy my time off of work please...MY GOODNESS!

I have been working on these things ALL WEEK (while I am OFF of work)
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    went to visit the new addition to the family - FI cousin had a baby girl yesterday.  Just relaxing at home...I should be working on my veil though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:0b57f20e-80d6-4128-8d53-7c9d8350a501">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : I honestly don't know who put on the play, but it was at the Music Hall in Detroit.  The dude who played Eddie Kane in The Five Heartbeats was in it, so that was crazy to see him! Yeah FI is a ESPN junkie - I like sports so most of the time I don't mind...but when I see he isn't even watching anything he's remotely interested in, like recaps of women's college basketball or hockey and he's just watching it out of habit, that's when I have to say something.  LOL
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

Eddie Kane...wow...loved him in that movie. LOL...

Your FI sounds like mine. I swear that man likes EVERY sport!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:eaf22ed1-d7df-48ab-b6fe-6d0115a79e3a">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : He's home :-(  I was with him since Sun and I came home today to do some last min things for my ls' NYE party and now I cant sleep. I will see him later on today but it feels like I haven't seen him in years, lol awwwww at seeing him for 10 min. When is he coming back?
    Posted by BluIvory82[/QUOTE]

Aww...well absence makes the heart grow fonder in your case! That's sweet. I hope you get some sleep though. I will see him on Sunday night. He will stay here before he heads back home. We don't live in the same city so technically he won't be coming "back". Soon enough...soon enough. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:88cfcc96-3607-42f2-b5d9-d6bfc9fe9eb9">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working on my moms invitations for her 50th birthday party in February. I cannot tell you how many drafts I have done for this woman and she still hasnt decided on something. Can I enjoy my time off of work please...MY GOODNESS! I have been working on these things ALL WEEK (while I am OFF of work)
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]

Girl...that is too much for me! You just finished up with apples too didn't you! Take a break! Tell mama to give you like...a day! Just one. Bless you.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:6e01b79a-8ad1-49ac-bbf0-405111286a07">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]went to visit the new addition to the family - FI cousin had a baby girl yesterday.  Just relaxing at home...I should be working on my veil though.
    Posted by JloveB[/QUOTE]

Aww...that's sweet! I love babies. :) What type of veil are you making? I wandered around aimlessly in the fabric store today looking for stuff to convince me that I can make a cardbox, but I gave up. It was overwhelming. I'm not very crafty.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:c641a7a4-a4bf-4efc-aea0-c9634ad04b30">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : Are you looking on Etsy at all?

That is exactly where i am looking.  I just ordered my personalized hanger from there this evening.  I really don't want a veil but my Mom really wants me to wear one.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:cbc32a8f-8ebe-48b5-805f-31d0bc5435d7">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : That is exactly where i am looking.  I just ordered my personalized hanger from there this evening.  I really don't want a veil but my Mom really wants me to wear one.
    Posted by cyndon[/QUOTE]

I saw some pretty ones on there...can't remember the seller though. Flawless posted about a different seller a few days ago though.

Maybe you can just wear it for the ceremony to make mom happy. :) I'm ditching mine for a flower after the ceremony. Just a thought.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: What are you doing...?:
    [QUOTE]I Are you new to the boards or is my memory failing me?

I am new (been around for a little less than three months). I never did the official hi i'm new post. I just jumped in (from what I read that isn't exactly proper TK etiquette) and no one seemed to notice until now lol. SO I will tell you a little about myself because from my lurking days I remember that you always ask so here goes:

I got engaged on 10-13-10. I am getting married 10-22-11. I am having a traditional church wedding and my reception theme is diamonds and pearls. My FI and I just graduated from law school in May and are just starting out (hence my seemingly pretentious username- when I signed up in Jan all I could think about was graduating and unfortunately now I can't change it).

Good luck with those invites!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:87214f55-d3dd-45a9-9d52-3aa90b7cd7fb">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : Aww...well absence makes the heart grow fonder in your case! That's sweet. I hope you get some sleep though. I will see him on Sunday night. He will stay here before he heads back home. We don't live in the same city so technically he won't be coming "back". Soon enough...soon enough. :)

Awwwwww, yes soon enough will be here before you know it!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:d19f8ff0-ea4d-46e8-bc2c-16f10f53aaef">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : Girl...that is too much for me! You just finished up with apples too didn't you! Take a break! Tell mama to give you like...a day! Just one. Bless you.

Girl yes I did just finish with the apples...that was one VERY long week!!!

Her party is February 12 so I cant really chill on her invitations BUT she can refrain from texting me every day asking if I worked on them...sheesh!

Photobucket

• cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:95b2bad2-c0dd-443d-a747-65fa74f50ec5">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...? : I saw some pretty ones on there...can't remember the seller though. Flawless posted about a different seller a few days ago though. Maybe you can just wear it for the ceremony to make mom happy. :) I'm ditching mine for a flower after the ceremony. Just a thought.
    I have found a couple that I have convo'd.  I am definitely ditching it after the ceremony and pictures.  I am her baby and her only girl, so I am going to wear the veil for her.  I just can't fathom spending a bunch of money on tulle, LOL
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:8913e589-3686-4e74-8a6c-1cbb3b34cfd0">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...?: I am new (been around for a little less than three months). I never did the official hi i'm new post. I just jumped in (from what I read that isn't exactly proper TK etiquette) and no one seemed to notice until now lol. SO I will tell you a little about myself because from my lurking days I remember that you always ask so here goes: I got engaged on 10-13-10. I am getting married 10-22-11. I am having a traditional church wedding and my reception theme is diamonds and pearls. My FI and I just graduated from law school in May and are just starting out (hence my seemingly pretentious username- when I signed up in Jan all I could think about was graduating and unfortunately now I can't change it). Good luck with those invites!

WELCOME!!!
    Glad you joined us...
    I was wondering if you had done an official introduction...so I wasnt going crazy! LoL...you have joined an amazing bunch of women!

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_doing-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:334279a6-77b1-48f9-b594-ce16f1958da9Post:8913e589-3686-4e74-8a6c-1cbb3b34cfd0">Re: What are you doing...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing...?: I am new (been around for a little less than three months). I never did the official hi i'm new post. I just jumped in (from what I read that isn't exactly proper TK etiquette) and no one seemed to notice until now lol. SO I will tell you a little about myself because from my lurking days I remember that you always ask so here goes: I got engaged on 10-13-10. I am getting married 10-22-11. I am having a traditional church wedding and my reception theme is diamonds and pearls. My FI and I just graduated from law school in May and are just starting out (hence my seemingly pretentious username- when I signed up in Jan all I could think about was graduating and unfortunately now I can't change it). Good luck with those invites!

Congrats to you times two (graduation and engagement)! Your reception theme sounds great. Look up the Lenox Jubilee Flutes and Server to see if it is something you'd like...I saw it with the pearls in the handles and thought it was pretty. Have you picked any colors? Thanks for wishing me luck! I need it, girl!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sleepy FINALLY. These invitations can wait now. I'm going to call FI back and then I'm heading to bed. Night night, ladies!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards