Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Extensions anybody?

I want my hair down for my wedding in september and even though I've been letting it grow since Novemeber it's still only slightly past my shoulders :-( Have any of you had extensions before? And if so the cons? Is the upkeep hard?

Re: Extensions anybody?

• Options

I am getting hair extensions for my September wedding as well.  It depends on what kind you get on how much upkeep they require.  If you just want them for the day, you can get clip in ons that you are able to style.  I am getting the fusion type that last 4-6 months.  i will have them a month before my wedding so that I can get used to them before the big day.  I have always imagined having long full hair for my wedding!  I also want to have my hair hold style and the extensions will help with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks! I was thinking about getting them end of July beginning of August for the same reason :-) that way I will have them for my trial and be able to get used to them!
  • Options
    what about clip in? cheaper less commitment, zero risk of hair damage and very little upkeep. real extensions can be itchy and uncomfortable must be treated carefully and take a while to style If you want them to look good
  • Options
    I've heard when people get a lot of length added, they get headaches at first because they aren't used to it. Which would go in favor of doing them a few weeks before.

I've never had them but would consider it, depending how my first hair trial goes. I hear they hold curl way better than regular hair-- like if you get the real hair clip in kind, your stylist can curl them during your trial and pretty much just stick them in the day of.
  • Options
    I wear clip ins and wore them for my wedding.  I get the Euronext human hair extensions from Sally's.  They are $80 and no one can tell it's not my real hair.
  • Options
    thanks steph! Im gonna call my hair stylist today!
  • Options
    I have personally never had them, but my girlfriend does and they are hard to maintain and itch sometimes. Try the clip on kind for sure. When I watch my girlfriend get hers removed and redone, I can clearly see she is damaging herreal hair. It makes me wish I could give her some of mine!!!!  Good luck. The clip on ones have come a long way and should be beautiful if you have the right stylist.
  • Options
    just a suggestion, research fusion extensions carefully before jumping into a salon chair.
    they can be very damaging to your hair, very expensive, or just terrible looking if not done by a good stylist.
    so just treat it like a big commitment and do some good research first.
    i'd also go with PPs and test out some clip ins beforehand. and talk to your stylist, she'll be able to direct you. good luck!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing them in my photo to the left.....;-)
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards