Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Evening

This place seems pretty dead tonight... who's here?

I just got back from my interview. It went pretty well, I think. It sounds like it'll be tiring and would probably try my patience, but I keep telling myself it's only about 6 weeks and it's really good money. They want me to do a trial run Friday to see if I like it. Now I'm just sitting here eating sushi (that I did not take money out of savings to buy, haha) and relaxing until I hopefully head to FI's to watch True Blood. I'm also still kinda tired from the wedding yesterday.

What's everyone else up to?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sunday Evening

• I'm just watching TV. An old friend of mine is considering moving into my basement apartment so she's coming over (possibly with her week old baby) to talk about it with my mother. 

You looked amazing in your dress yesterday BTW : ) 
  • We just finished dinner. I've been cooking tonight's red beans and rice since yesterday. They were kick ass! I'm planning on watching the new bridezillas tonight and folding clothes.
  • Glad you did not get into your savings because that would be irresponsible ;) Glad the interview went well. How did the dress fit? It looked good from what I could see.

I'm here. I had a massage today and it was fabulous. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for breakfast. I don't get to see her often so I'm looking forward to it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:462a158c-8673-411e-b5fe-82bcf58ac471">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just finished dinner. I've been cooking tonight's red beans and rice since yesterday. They were kick ass! I'm planning on watching the new bridezillas tonight and folding clothes.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh, what time and what channel? WE? </div>
  • I'm working (what's new?!?). DH has headed to work for the week and I'm considering what to eat for dinner.

Came home to a house full of fruit flies thanks to something in the garbage, but my mom's trick of vinegar/wine in a wine bottle really works and they're all contained in the wine bottle now. Woot!

Where are your pics Angel? I missed them.
  • Lizzy - I"m trying to decide if I will watch it tonight or wait until tomorrow. I hate commercials.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, Poke!

Steffi, I didn't post any pictures on TK... it's just a bridesmaids dress from my friend's wedding.

Petal, the dress fit okay... it was bothering me in the beginning of the night, mostly because it was so hot and it was sticking to me, but as it got cooler in the evening, it was fine. Also, I'm super jealous of your massage, I want one.

The only thing I hated was my makeup... I didn't look like me. I tried to fix it a little bit with my friend's make up after the ceremony, so that helped a little bit.
  • I'm guessing you got your make up done professionally? The girl that did mine was great. She listened and knew exactly what I wanted. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:bcc29ac8-4961-4680-8014-4c7a424b3e76">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm guessing you got your make up done professionally? The girl that did mine was great. She listened and knew exactly what I wanted. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It was a friend of the bride's who I guess used to do hair and makeup in a salon before she had kids. I liked everyone's hair, I just didn't love the makeup. Also, having one person do both took way too much time and she kind of had to rush through the last 3 girls' makeup, myself included.
  • I've only been happy with one or two professional make up jobs and they were done by a friend who's also a pro. I'm hoping she's free for my wedding, she's also invited.

• ugh....H is in a bad mood.  Anyone want a cranky husband?
  • Yeah, I couldn't afford to get everyones hair/make up done. If I could have, they would have had more people. Plus they came pretty early. 
  • Haha no thanks, Hockey. I deal with enough cranky from the kids I watch ;) Why is he in a bad mood?
  • Evening ladies!

I'm here, just being lazy.  Watching the Walking Dead marathon before True Blood starts in an hour.  I so do not want to go to work tomorrow.

My photographer posted all my pictures online from the wedding today so that was fun looking through all of them.  I'm going to wait until she gives me the CD though before I order any prints.  Her prices are way more expensive than shutterfly.  Is that wrong or should I at least order a couple from her?

• The bride did pay for all of it, which was nice, since she didn't require it or anything. I'm not going to be able to pay for it for my wedding, so I won't require it... I'll just hope they all at least get their hair done, haha.
  • No thanks Hockey. I have a sick FI and that is bad enough. He is wrapped up in my blanket and acting wimpy.

I should be nicer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cali, I don't think it's wrong to order them through Shutterfly. I'm getting the rights to my photos and everything on a CD as well... I'm paying a decent amount of money to get that, so I don't feel obligated to also order prints from my photographer.
  • Heeeeey. I'm fiddling around with my new iPhone (new-ish. A friend gave me his old 4, but reset to factory settings and it looks brand new), getting angry that you can't synch more than one Apple ID for the iCloud dealy. The iPad's already in H's ID, so I can't switch it to mine without losing all my apps, and I have a couple paid ones on there, so I don't want to do that. But I wanted to be able to synch our calendars and stuff. Blargh. So tomorrow I need to hit up the AT&T store and get my sim card switched out and add a data plan. Yay, smartphone.

I just finished up a little bit of cleaning too. H should be home in a couple hours, so I wanted to at least have the kitchen done for when he gets back.
  • Angel: They cut his hours at work.  But after we chatted a bit about it, he seemed ok.  Then he came down from his shower grumpy as all heck and has given me the silent treatment/stomped around huffing and puffing.

• Hockey, that sucks... I can understand being grumpy about that, but hopefully he'll snap out of it soon.
  • Hockey - mine is grumpy for the same reason. However, mine is driving to the middle of nowhere, so he's on his own being grumpy. Which is better in a way. Just means I have to work a few more hours to cover his.

It's really sad that I can work 12 hours extra and cover his weekly check for 38 hours. He needs a new job. Really.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:466ce374-3ae2-48cc-9cbf-d576ed2e8b4f">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening ladies! I'm here, just being lazy.  Watching the Walking Dead marathon before True Blood starts in an hour.  I so do not want to go to work tomorrow. My photographer posted all my pictures online from the wedding today so that was fun looking through all of them.  I'm going to wait until she gives me the CD though before I order any prints.  Her prices are way more expensive than shutterfly.  <strong>Is that wrong or should I at least order a couple from her?</strong>
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nah. We had a 200 dollar print credit included in ours (that I still need to use), but there's no way I'd do 2.00 for a 4x6 when I can get it for $0.13 at Walmart.</div>
  • What's wrong with your knee Dot?
  • We also have to pay quite a bit for our disc of images so I will be uploading and printing what I want from shutterfly. I did decide that I want to have the photographer do a nice album for me. I will probably make my parents and FILs an album through shutterfly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am enjoying an incredibly large margarita and just finished a delightful grilled burger.  Still have to clean the kitchen but right now, I really don't care.  Maybe I need one more margarita.

Hockey - hope DH gets less grumpy soon.
  • haha it was $7.99 for our 4" x 6" photos....I used the photo credit I had and that was about it.

Ugh...H just came and showed me some cheddar cheese that had gone moldy.  Dude throw it away, I don't need you to show it to me to prove why you are throwing it away.  I think I better go have a cigarette before I say something stupid.
  • I can't believe how tired I am. I drank 4 glasses of water at the end of the night last night, so I avoided the headache part of the hangover, but even though I got a decent night's sleep, I'm still exhausted. Hopefully I can get to bed early tonight! I'm looking forward to sleeping in.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:ebb43657-46cd-4374-992e-3e5dfb6db3e6">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Oooh, what time and what channel? WE? 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Yep. We at 9. 8 central
  • hi everyone - I have to take my Fatty back to the vet in the morning - awhile back he had in infected bite wound from one of my other cats, and I thought it was all healed up.  We yesterday I noticed the area was swollen and tender again, so I figured I'd make an appt Monday morning.  Today we came home from a party and the area is now draining.  Gross.  I ahd some left over pain medicine from when I took one of my other cats to the vet back in may, so I've given him that and did my best to clean it with water and peroxide.  I'm taking him in first thing in the morning.
    Then I decided it would be a good idea to cut down this horrible purple bush in our front yard.  It attracts bees like nothing else.  We've asked the association to take it out several times, and it's still there.  The bees (my neighbor says they are wasps) out front are insane - and I go out my front door at least 6 times a day with the dogs.  So anyway, I tried to cut it down.  I got about 1/10 done.  There were only a few bees out there now, but they skerred me away.
    Photobucket
  • I'm just getting ready to reheat our leftovers before H gets home from his meeting tonight.  It looked for awhile that we were going to get some rain (again) but it never materialized (again) - just cloudy and some thunder, and now the skies are clear again.  

I would really like to do a nice album for my parents and for us, but at $450-650 a piece, it's not something that we can afford.  I don't necessary want to do Shutterfly, but it would be great if we could find a happy medium somewhere.  I think our 4x6" prints were 80 cents from our photographer.  I didn't notice much of a difference between Kodak's premium pictures vs these, but perhaps my eye is just that untrained.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards