Wedding Etiquette Forum

Newbies and lurkers, come here. You get your very own poll.

124»

Re: Newbies and lurkers, come here. You get your very own poll.

• 1. What made you choose The Knot?
    I found the site via Google; I stayed for the slow but useful guest list manager and the message boards.
    2. Are you engaged?
    Yes
    3. If you are, when is the wedding? If you aren't, do you think the proposal is coming soon?
    The wedding will be November 14, 2010
    4. What do you do for a living?
    I'm a college student majoring in secondary education with endorsements in English and Spanish.  I wait tables, but I wouldn't call it living.
    5. How long have you and your S/O been together?
    November 14, 2010 will be the fifth anniversary of our first date.
    6. Tell a little about yourself.
    I like poodles, Pablo Neruda, and pecan pie.

• edited April 2010
    1. What made you choose The Knot?
    I googled wedding websites :P
    2. Are you engaged?
    yes
    3. If you are, when is the wedding? If you aren't, do you think the proposal is coming soon?
    June 19th, 2010
    Floral designer
    4 years as of April 13th

I fell into floral design when I worked for a florist part time while at school and it stuck. I enjoyed wedding planning in the beginning but now at just over the two month mark I just want to be married.
    ohh . . . and i am completely inept at using the functions on the message board. I can't figure out how to add a sig or the banner at the bottom :S
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    Married friends always talked about it
    2. Are you engaged?
    Indeed!
    Up in the air--my fiance is British and so it's all up to Homeland Security.  Possibly by August, possibly next year.  It makes planning a real joy...
    PhD Student working toward becoming an official archaeologist!
    3.5 years
    Huge history nerd.  I love travelling and going out with my friends but due to my grad student status I have little money for either.  Meh!  I also love camping and easily get addicted to random things from Trader Joe's and then eat that one thing for weeks.  Right now I am in sweet potato fries mode.
  • Well this got a lot of posts quickly!

1. What made you choose The Knot?
    My mom had me join a long time ago so she could sift through pictures without being interrupted by the "join or leave" box
    2. Are you engaged?
    as of December 28, 2009
    September 1, 2012.... yes, we are overplanners!
    I am the lead teacher of the infant room at a daycare, but I am majoring in Secondary English Education with a minor in Creative Writing.
    almost 7 years... I think.  It's hard to remember when you've been dating since you were a baby.
    I procrastinate all of the time.  Like right now I should be doing by quiz on BlackBoard... oh well.  I love photography, my babies at work, and my hamsters: Jack, Cash and Kane.
  • 1. What made you choose The Knot? I'm totally clueless when it comes to planning a wedding. It looked lke a good place to find information and get organized. (I'm such a type-A personality)
    2. Are you engaged? Not yet
    3. If you are, when is the wedding? If you aren't, do you think the proposal is coming soon? I'm graduating college May 1st. He's already asked my dad for permission and knows my ring specs, but my dad said "not until she graduates."
    4. What do you do for a living? I'm a student with a pt job. Aspiring nurse, though. :)
    Almost a year now. We are an e-Harmony match.
    6. Tell a little about yourself. Right now I'm on this site to procrastinate on a philosophy paper. Sooo sick of school. Recently discovered what a fan of spontaneous road trips I am.

I bought The Knot magazine in which they (of course) pimped the website.
    2. Are you engaged?
    Yessum

3. If you are, when is the wedding?
    June 26th, 2010 (say whaaa?!)
    Edit depos at the moment
    4 1/2 years.
    My name is Kelly and I'm an alco... wait a minute.
    I'm Kelly, hopefully will enter the MA program at my local University in the fall. FI is a wine maker on CA's central coast, and we hope to start our own business one day. I love me some pinot, and my favorite subject in my chosen field is ancient religious texts.
    Ran across it a long time ago for some reason, and started browsing again recently. Had to join so I could look at more pics.
    2. Are you engaged?
    Not yet.
    I'm fairly certain it will happen this year.
    Customer Service Supervisor at a large retailer and Library Assistant
    Almost a year. We've known each other about 5 years though.
    I work too much so I'm always on here after everyone goes to bed. I collect anything that has to do with Pandas. I'm a gamer geek (WoW as well as pretty much any console RPG I can get my hands on other than strategy). That's about all I can think of at this hour.

I appreciated Whit's comment earlier about liking the newbs coming out to play because some days it seems like everyons all "OMG!!!11!!1 Not the newbs!!!" lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    1. What made you choose The Knot?  They have the best marketing, I guess.  Someone else said they didn't know there were other sites until they came on here, and it was the same for me.

2. Are you engaged?  Yup.

3. If you are, when is the wedding? If you aren't, do you think the proposal is coming soon?  9/5/10.

4. What do you do for a living?  Government lawyer.

5. How long have you and your S/O been together?  About 2.5 years now.

6. Tell a little about yourself.  FI and I recently got a beagle puppy, Ginger, and I love this dog so freaking much, way more than I thought possible.  I secretly love it when FI and I come home at the same time, and she looks from him to me, deciding where to go first, and then runs to me. 

Also, I lurk a lot, because I'm in CA and miss most posting, and then can't really be on at work much.  Apparently I've been citing the E ladies pretty often, because now when questions come up (like FI assuming his cousin & his family will be "flaky" and not RSVP and FI thinks we can't do anything about it), FI says, well what do the ladies on The Knot say? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards