Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hi!

Where is everyone?

What is with all the WR stuff?  I feel like we've tripled in WR volume, and everything is about something crazy.

It's still cold and dark here, and I don't want to get up to walk the dog.

Re: Hi!

• Good morning. This is a P&R as I'm about to walk out the door. It's going to be a fabulous 68 degrees here today. Yay!
  • edited February 2012
    Morning. I felt like crap yesterday and called out sick due to a wonderful all-night UTI battle. I still feel it today but at least now I have meds. Currently I'm annoyed with a couple students who I guess need me to hold their hand, and I don't have time for that. Do the damn assignment already! Anyway. Not much else going on here.

cfas, I like the idea of white placements. Or, what about brown to match the swirly pattern (I say that because I imagine white mats getting dirty due to food being droped and showing up a lot easier)? But I don't think the blue of the napkin quite matches the runner. You need one that's a bit paler.
  • So the blue is in the same family of blues, though? 
  • If the blue is a small part of the pattern, color differences won't be as noticeable, probably.

HG fans, this is sort of for you: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/01/31/hunger-pains-harvard-lampoon-trailer/
  • Ha, that was good Mica. I laughed when she hit her arm with the bow, since I've done that before too. That shiit hurts.

I really want to make a YouTube video for my books, a kind of spoof but not really. My brother wants to be in it, so that guarantees it will be ridiculous and over the top. I just don't know how to do it, or what to focus on.
  • I'm voting blue for the placemats - I always tend to try to pick up the color used the least and it pulls together really well.

I am at work, again, as usual.  I just can't do the "I only have so many days left" thing yet because it will just make it go slower.  My last day at work is April 20th and then I will have 64 days of leave to burn.  26 years, 7 months, and 1 day - thank you Uncle Sam, but it is time for this girl to get to wear earrings any time I want and whatever freaking color of nail polish I want! 

I suck at accessorizing because I can only wear things like that 6 days a month and don't usually bother.  My DD's are taking me out to shop for a decent collection of accessories and I'm sure will give me step by step directions in acclimating to my new wardrobe.  Now I will have to figure out what to wear everyday, dammit.
  • I think it's great to be less matchy-matchy anyway.  As long as the blues coordinate, I think it's fine.  (Pretty much every shade of blue you've posted has been completely different, so I'm blaming my computer screen for preventing me from deciding if your blues match.)
  • If the runner is mostly brown, then I say go with a blue placemat to match so you draw out the color.
  • Morning.  I had a rought night last night.  Feel like I'm going to throw up, not so happy to be in work.  I'm considering taking a sick day.  Boss isn't even here, and he had a stomach bug a few days ago so nobody would really be surprised if I "caught" it.  But H is home from work today and after last night I don't know if that would really be a good idea, being home with him.  I don't.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Morning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Morning all!  Trying to get motivated for work, worried about my dad who is in for a biopsy for a "suspicious spot" this morning.  He's been cancer free for about two years, so we're all crossing our fingers!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning.  It's dark and cloudy and I just want to curl abck up in bed.

Cfas I think those combinations would work nicely together, like Mica I'm not as much of a fan as matchy-matchy and like when there's a little contrast.

Big hugs for you Bay, I hope everything is ok.
  • Morning all.

Sesh, hope you feel better and that your students decide to act like adults and do their work.

cfas, I'm late to the game, but I think the blues work together.  And sorry to hear that your CW has you in limbo.

Mica, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks most of the WR stuff is nuts.  It's going to get ugly in a couple of weeks, isn't it?

Bay, hope you feel better too.  I'm being nosy, but the way I'm reading your post makes me worry- is everything okay with you and H, or am I just reading your post completely wrong?
  • I'm sorry you're sick, bay. And I don't know what happened with your H, but 'm sorry to hear you're having a rought time. I hope you feel better soon.
  • This was my ring description (pear):

Your style: Classic, but with a twist.
    Your relationship: Independent, yet utterly committed. You and your guy have each other's backs. Period.
    Your wedding: Contemporary and chic with trendy shots of color and fun, out-of-the-box ideas.

The relationship one is pretty spot-on. I wouldn't say my style is classic though. More like, casual and slightly boring. And the wedding was kind of out-of-the-box, but not contemporary and chic at all.
  • Hi guys. Bay, I'm sorry to hear that you might have caught the sickness too!  :(

I am feeling OK today and am hoping that I'm past the worst of whatever I've had.  I tried to eat some ramen last night and it didn't go so well, about a quarter of the way in I felt incredibly full and bloated.  And then spent a rough hour being lightheaded and feeling like I was going to vomit.  But hey, at least I'm not shiiting my brains out anymore, and my fever is going down too.  I'm not sure if I'm going to try to brave the longass flight to Norfolk tonight, or if I should wait until tomorrow.

Plus side?  I'm at my lowest weight yet.  Heh.
  • Morning!  I'm having a good morning.  I had a great lab last night (isolated colonies, woo!), I got an A on the first micro test, and my little brother got promoted to the main shop at Toyota. 

Bay, major hugs.  I hope everything is ok.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Good morning!  I found out last night that my MOH is going to be an engaged woman in the near-ish future!  I'm so excited for her!

Sorry Bay that you are not feeling well and for whatever else may be going on.

Mica, I think perhaps the December/New Year's engagements are finally starting to find their way around the interwebz and found TK.  The Valentine's Day engagements are just going to make it worse.
  • cfas, I'm thinking that's how she meant it, but on first reading for me, that's not how I took it.  Which is why I said I hoped I was reading it totally wrong.
  • Interesting.  Mine's a round ring.

Your style: Traditional. You always look utterly put together. 
    Your relationship: Bottom line: you're marrying your best friend. Here's to a lifetime of sharing inside jokes and having someone really get you. 
    Your wedding: Relaxed, romantic and unfussy. It takes a lot of planning to make things look this effortless, but you'll pull it off. 

I'd say that's pretty much spot on, except for the part about always looking put together, I struggle with that (mainly because I'm lazy though)

And good morning!  I've still got a bit of a sore throat, but it's getting better, yay!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They only talk about diamonds in that article.  DISCRIMINATION.

• Morning!  I went to work early so I could stop by the barn and feed the horses and give mine some snuggle time.  He loves snuggling while he's eating his breakfast... not.  My overgrown labrador does not love to be fussed with whilst hoovering breakie. 

Hope you're feeling better soon, Bay!

The weather here is crazy.  It's been so warm this year, only 2 days of normal seasonal temperatures.  It's in the plus degrees in February!  This is wrong!  All sorts of wrong!  I'm intersted to see what groundhog day brings. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hi-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b00481ed-ebfa-45d8-aba3-02bfba4c0ff8Post:ec0d8222-ee61-4744-b340-598c2c943170">Re: Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  I went to work early so I could stop by the barn and feed the horses and give mine some snuggle time.  He loves snuggling while he's eating his breakfast... not.  My overgrown labrador does not love to be fussed with whilst hoovering breakie.  Hope you're feeling better soon, Bay! The weather here is crazy.  It's been so warm this year, only 2 days of normal seasonal temperatures.  It's in the plus degrees in February!  This is wrong!  All sorts of wrong!  <strong>I'm intersted to see what groundhog day brings. </strong>
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    Same here Habs, we've had a pretty mild winter.  I wonder if Punxatawny Phil will see his shadow?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hi-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b00481ed-ebfa-45d8-aba3-02bfba4c0ff8Post:5285c02f-0b3e-40f0-ab6b-e2216ed5b7df">Re: Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They only talk about diamonds in that article.  DISCRIMINATION.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I know! I was curious what my sapphire meant but NO. Diamonds only.
  • DJ, I have an emerald.  The emerald cut description doesn't match me at all.

• Wait I'm on team non-diamond too. Maybe we are all just a bunch of rule breakers.

Anyways good morning ladies. It is dumping buckets out there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ugh Beanie I caught Norovirus last year right before Thanksgiving. That ish is ROUGH.
  • Morning all, feel better Bay.

I have a cushion cut, at least they got the relationship part correct.

Your style: You take your cues from the Grace Kellys of the world — legendary women who demand to be set apart.
    Your relationship: He lets you be ... well, you.
    Your wedding: So elegant and timeless that no one will be able to date the wedding photos afterward.

non-diamond girls, you go!  I love an emerald, sapphire, etc for an engagement ring.  I must admit I was hoping for some chocolate or black diamonds in in the diamonds in the channel setting part of my ring, but alas, FI had other ideas.  God Bless him.

• Hey Birdie, how is Ozzy's paw? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards