Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Intro :]

I've mostly been posting on my month board but I figured it's time to come over here and introduce myself! FI and I are getting married July 14, 2012 in Midlothian (about 30 minutes south of Dallas for those of you saying where the heck is that??) That's where I went to high school and where my parents live. FI and I live in Austin, so we've been planning during weekend trips up. So far we've got most of the big stuff planned except for invitations, transportation and little things that can wait. Venue, church, photographer, DJ and catering are already booked and I am so excited for the big day!

Re: Intro :]

• Welcome!  Who is your photographer and DJ?
    Anniversary

• Welcome! Which venue did you choose?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    Welcome! I wish my FI and I lived in Austin...I'm very familiar with midlothian. Glad you've got things moving along!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It ended up that we're using all small town vendors. Except our photographer, she's based out of Dallas. Cherie Callaway. Our reception is at the Midlothian Conference Center, which is fairly close to the church. We picked the Central Presbyterian in Waxahachie. I don't go there, but it is an old church with stain glass windows and is gorgeous! Our DJ is First Choice Entertainment. He did my maid of honor's wedding and was really good. He didn't remind me of a game show host, which was a plus :]

• Welcome to the board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wedding day twin!!!!!! I'm getting married in Dallas but YAY! It's my first twin on the board! So happy :)
  • Welcome! One of my close friends is from Midlothian, as is the girl who did my hair and MUA, and I LOVED her!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_intro-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:10b30287-3906-48b3-8af2-0e7f8df3682fPost:cac564a2-b567-453a-88aa-6edcbc16d4b1">Re: Intro :]</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding day twin!!!!!! I'm getting married in Dallas but YAY! It's my first twin on the board! So happy :)
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Yay!! I can't believe how close it's getting. FI and I got engaged in August, it's already been 6 months! Crazy how time flies.
  • We got engaged in December, so we're on supersonic speed. It's gone pretty well so far, especially since I'm a CPA and this time of year is bananas for me, AND FI has been in California the last month on a project.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards