Honeymoon Discussions

Cruise the Med!

Anyone else doing this?  I love the idea of seeing several countries in one trip.  I have my eye on the ship that goes to Italy, Greece, Egypt, and a couple others.  Would love to see the pyramids in Egypt!
Photobucket

Re: Cruise the Med!

• We are thinking of going on a Celebrity one next summer! It also goes to Egypt!

• We had already been to Egypt so we took a Med cruise that concentrated on Greece, but also went to Italy, Croatia and Turkey.  We sailed on the Crown Princess and had an amazing time!
  • Haven't done it yet, but I do know that NCL has a couple different itineraries that visit the Greek Isles.

• Next summer for our honeymoon we are doing the Princess Med cruise that goes to Italy and Greece. I am really excited and have been already searching for tips and details on Cruise Critic.
  • This is what we're doing.  12 days.  Soooooooo excited.
    Married 10/2/10
  • dh and i took a 12 night med cruise 2 years ago. 3 nights in rome first then to naples, messina, dubrovnik, overnight in venice, barcelona, cannes and livorno. we had a great time and are going back to do some more exploring next month-see siggy.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-med?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2ddc98d4-6997-4dbd-9a10-3cd38932cf47Post:9cd95b47-0cf0-4c85-97a0-530af8dbab4b">Re: Cruise the Med!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking of going on a Celebrity one next summer! It also goes to Egypt!
    Posted by bellebride116[/QUOTE]

This looks absolutely incredible, we have our eye on that itinerary too!
  • We did the same cruise on the Crown Princess!  When we you on board?
    We did the late May sailing this year.
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
  • just met a couple from south africa at dinner last night who was on their way back from med cruise (we are in UK).  they thougt the cruise was great but would choose a different ship - they were on Norwegia and said they felt nickled and dimed the entire trip with things they thought we free costing money and add-ons etc.  I have never been, but thought i would share!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We really want to do a Mediterranean cruise as well but based on the reviews I've seen, it seems like a lot of the cruise lines cater mostly to senior citizens.  Did anyone who has been on a Mediterranean cruise find that to be the case?  Also, do you feel like you really get to experience the cities with the short amount of time that you are docked there?  Or do you feel rushed?  Any advice from those who have done the cruise would be much appreciated!  Thanks Smile
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-med?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2ddc98d4-6997-4dbd-9a10-3cd38932cf47Post:20c0df62-8cf4-45a8-9429-f3ccdb972483">Re: Cruise the Med!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We really want to do a Mediterranean cruise as well but based on the reviews I've seen, it seems like a lot of the cruise lines cater mostly to senior citizens.  Did anyone who has been on a Mediterranean cruise find that to be the case?  Also, do you feel like you really get to experience the cities with the short amount of time that you are docked there?  Or do you feel rushed?  Any advice from those who have done the cruise would be much appreciated!  Thanks
    Posted by jlbarbone[/QUOTE]
    senior citizens? nope. they're pretty agressive itineraries.
    rushed? not at all
    I felt that i had ample time to get a few things in at each port. we had an overnight in venice which was great. i had 3 nights in rome before the cruise. plenty of time. look i could spend 6 weeks in barcelona and still not see all that i wantedto but if you plan your days right you can do a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards