New York-Long Island

Help! Weekend Getaway Spots Near Fire Island/Jones Beach/Farmingdale

Hey Ladies!
 On a whim I bought FI flying lessons for when we are visiting family out East. They lessons take place in Farmindale - Long Island. I'd like to kind of make a romantic weekend out of it and get us a hotel room for after the lessons. It looks like the lessons are close to Fire Island and Jones Beach which I've heard are nice areas. Do you have any hotel recommendations? It'll be in May (before Memorial Day) and I'd like to not spend a fortune.
I'm also up for going out to the vineyards, I heard those are nice too.
What do you ladies recommend? I'm looking to stay somewhere that's nice, romantic, and in a cute area. Doesn't have to be super lux but not a Motel 6 haha. I'd even be up for a Beach motel if it's in a good location.
Thanks!

Re: Help! Weekend Getaway Spots Near Fire Island/Jones Beach/Farmingdale

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    well, depending on what time the flying lesson is why not do that and then head out to the north fork for the wineries? there are many cute B&Bs out there and some places on the beach.

• edited December 2011
    That's a good idea. I think we'll probably do the lesson early in the day, then head to either wine taste or the beach (I haven't decided), and stay in a hotel for the night then do more beach or wine the next day.

Do you have any specific hotel recommendations?

Thanks!
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i'm sorry i dont have any recs-i live here so never had to stay anywhere :)if you scroll down a bit there's a nother post about this where i listed a few websites that have hotel/B&B links.  you can also check tripadvisor and cross referece with us here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards