Honeymoon Discussions

Bed and Breakfast in Virginia

Hi Everyone!

My fiancé and I are discussing Honeymoons right now and my Mom came up with the suggestion of a Bed and Breakfast since we are on a budget (under $1000).  We are both from VA and we were thinking of either Smithfield or Williamsburg.  Have any of you ever been to one?  And do you have any other suggestions that would within our budget?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed and Breakfast in Virginia

• VESmith25VESmith25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Our favorite B&B in VA is L'Auberge Provencale (http://www.laubergeprovencale.com/).  It's in the northern VA wine region so there are many nice wineries nearby and the restaurant on site is fabulous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My parents live in the area. Smithfield is really cute but there isn't much there. Williamsburg is probably pricier but there is all the touristy colonial williamsburg things to do. If you are looking to be more secluded and have a small town feel I would go for Smithfield. Personally, I would agree with the above poster and recommend checking out some of the B&Bs in northern VA. Middleburg is really cute and close to lots of vineyards. You could also check out Warner Hall in Gloucester. The hall is pretty secluded but the service and quality of food there is AMAZING. It also isn't too far from Yorktown and Williamsburg so you could drive out to both of those places.
  • Thank you both!  I couldn't think of any other beautiful places and those two are amazing!!!!  I will definitely check those out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to Longacre Bed and Breakfast which is in Appomattox, Virginia.  We stayed in the Manor Room.  The ladies that own this are the sweetest, most personalbe people I have ever met.  They fix real breakfast every morning, not just a muffin and cereal, like at another we have been to.  It is beautiful, the house, the area, everything.  The website is http://www.longacreva.com/. Good luck with all of your planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards