African American Weddings

***Missrekaeagle***

Hey 'Reka!  I was just wondering if you were sleeping better?  I usually have trouble sleeping so from one insomniac to another I wanted to check up on you and see how things were going. :)  You stated in a post that you were struggling with issues concerning your future in laws and it appeared from the post that you felt that they were trying to take control of the wedding and incorporate things that you and FI didn't really want.  I just wanted to follow up with you to see if this issue has been resolved.  Occasionally when I have trouble sleeping it is because of some issue that is lingering in my mind.  I slept pretty good most of this week, but for the past couple of days I have not been able to sleep well at all, because of this issue at work, that is basically unresolved.  And I hate it when I do that.  I wish I could just let it go.  But my mother always told me when I was younger that I have to have the last word, and I guess that holds true still today, because if I feel as though I didn't fully make my point I hold on to it until I have an opportunity to redeem myself again.  I hate that.  So, I'm usually laying in bed saying I wish I would have said this, or I wish I would have said that.  And I'm like replaying the whole incident in my head.  Ugh!  I guess I just hate to feel like someone got over on me, or what's more than that, I want to make sure, especially when it's work related, that I am completely understood and that I state my case fully.

Do you ever feel like that; get into situations where you wished you had handled it differently, or expressed yourself better?  Do you think that is what you were feeling with your future in laws that led to your insomnia?

Re: ***Missrekaeagle***

• edited December 2011
    Hey Tam! I've been sleeping better. I talked to my doctor about it Friday and she said I can take some Benadryl to help me sleep at night. I haven't taken any yet, but at least I know I can and it won't hurt Peanut.

I guess I'm exactly like you when it comes to getting the last word and replaying scenarios in my mind when I wish I would have handled them differently or expressed myself in a different way. Unfortunately it's hard for me to let things go. I always say it's the Virgo in me lol.

The in-law thing has been resolved and they agreed to give us some room to make our own decisions. Thank goodness. I'm glad FI listens to me and expresses my wishes to his parents when I don't feel comfortable doing it.

You are really close to your wedding day!!! Are you nervous? Or just ready to get it over with? Or excited??
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to know that things worked out with your future in laws and that you are sleeping better.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person that feels that way when it comes to getting the last word.  My FI is my role model.  LOL He always comes up with something slick to say, and just lets it go.  I don't know how he does that.

Yeah, it's getting down to the wire for me.  I''m actually nervous, and somewhat in shock because I've been planning this wedding for a little over a year now, and sometimes I think back to the early planning stages and how far I've come and it amazes me.  Because I knew so little about the process and never thought that i would be planning a wedding by myself, and then it's also so amazing to me that there is so much more still left to do.  And I've been planning this damn wedding for over a year now!  LOL 

You're not too far behind me.  How are your plans coming along?
  • edited December 2011
    My plans are coming along slowly but surely it seems. With my work schedule I really don't have time to do much planning until I have a day off so that's a bit of a hindrance. Other than that, I guess things are fine. I'm just ready for it to be over (the wedding) so I can enjoy my marriage.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards