June 2012 Weddings

Therapy Thursday and no post???

Or did TK eat that too??  Anybody have any vents today??

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???

• I don't think it got started.

day #4 of an allergy/sinus headache and nothing is helping
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Other than my week going sort of slow, I'm in a great mood! FI and I are visiting our families this weekend and my mom is going to help me make the custom hangers for my bridesmaids! I'm pumped! I feel like my "to do" list is getting shorter and shorter!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:c650b254-4c8d-4176-a408-35449bb73c6c">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it got started. day #4 of an allergy/sinus headache and nothing is helping
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>What allergy meds do you use?  Mine are pretty bad right now, but thankfully no headaches yet (just an unbelivably congested nose and itchy eyes).  I use Reactin Extra Strength, but I don't think it's that great....I usually have to double up on doses.</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't really have any new vents today....just the usual.....I HATE my job, etc.  And I am sick of waiting for FIL's to take SOOO long to get back to us on everything.  I know they live in Australia, but that doesn't mean they have to take 2 weeks to answer every little question!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:d04fd919-c772-4675-b079-d7392c616c45">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday and no post??? :<strong> What allergy meds do you use?</strong> Mine are pretty bad right now, but thankfully no headaches yet (just an unbelivably congested nose and itchy eyes).  I use Reactin Extra Strength, but I don't think it's that great....I usually have to double up on doses.
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]

just sudafed, the kind you have to sign for. I just have a little congestion but tons of sinus pressure
  • Vent 1--F that damn Knot. I had typed my wonderful, long vent on E and it promptly got eaten and now I can't access it so I have to retype the whole thing

Vent 2--I hate the Ohio Department of Education still. $180 to get my new license. I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Vent 3 (the big one)--

I'm annoyed with FI.
    Some of you may know the background so my apologies if this is not new. Not only are we getting married this summer but so are 3 of FI's good friends from college. They are spread out all around the country so months ago they decided that instead of flying in and around a bunch of times they were just going to have a big bachelor party bash with all of their college friends. They rented a mansion for 5 days on South Padre Island. I loved this idea. Go party, have a blast. One of their friends got married last year (he was the first) and they took him to New Orleans for a big trip so there was a pretty high standard for bachelor parties set.

So they went on this trip last week. And now one of the guy's brother wants to take him to Vegas for a separate bachelor party. When FI first brought it up he dismissed it but then last night he tells me that he's going to go. WTF!? I thought the whole point of this big blowout in South Padre was exactly to avoid this...spending more money on individual trips.

He's been to Vegas before (3 times) and doesn't particularly like it.  Also he isn't even really close with this particular friend anymore but claims just because he lived with this guy indvidually (not with the whole group for one year) that justifies why he should go on. 

I know that this is going to snowball and he's gonna end up going on more "bachelor party" trips for the other guys getting married because now that one of them is doing it, they are all going to want to do it. I know that FI's already been talking about going to the other side of the state and renting a cottage with just his BM and another GM for an indvidual party for him. I guess it's just frustraing. If you wanted to go on a big party trip with your friends that's fine. But don't pretend like it's a bachelor party and then go on 3 more trips.

It's really his money so he can do what he wants with it but I'm just so annoyed by this. I know that come the summer (when the trip is) he's going to be bitching about his perceived lack of money. Plus he's likely missing 2 of my important family events too because of these trips. Maybe that's what's bothering me more. I don't know. I'm okay with him going  but that doesn't mean that it isn't going to annoy me. I can't see that going away anytime soon.
    June 16, 2012
  • I lost my small claim against my ex - apparently, it's ok for him to run up bills and have me pay for them. ((smh))

I'm feeling alot of animosity about this so I'm going to approach this in a healthy manner and vent to you ladies about it!

Vacation White Knot
  • This week is going forever slow. I am SO bored at the office. I have craploads of schoolwork (which I've been doing some at the office) and I just feel run-down. 

I'm ready for the weekend to get here. We have plans to hang out with friends, make dinner, play cards and just let go a little bit. Saturday we're supposed to go to a wedding of my classmate, but I'm not really looking forward to it. She's been really bitchy in the last few months (about everything) and even when I ask about the wedding or anything, she snaps my head off. Might just stay home and watch the Final Four game with FI. Sunday is my small family shower, which I am excited about. There will be games and cake pops, so that makes me happy :)
  • My ex can stress me out in literally 3 seconds. I am so over this drama. LEAVE US ALONE.
  • Cwill, please don't skip the wedding if you RSVPd yes. They already paid for you. If people bail on me (without legit excuses) I will be furious. It costs us well over $100 a person, and I will tear your throat out of that money goes to waste.

Um, no major vents. I've just become extremely irritable and aggressive (see "tear your throat out")
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chels I'm so sorry :( I thought you won full custody didn't you? WTF does he want now?

I'm so sick of school SO so so soso sick of it, I feel like I'm drowning here.  The administration/new "parent" group is starting to look like the US Government-full of corruption.  I wish there were more job opportunities out there.
  • The week is dragging. I have no motivation to be at work. I can't wait for another 11 weeks so I can be outta here for 2 weeks straight!

This f-ing boot on my foot is irritating the crap out of me. I have another 3 weeks before I even go to the doctors & I may have to wear it for more time than that. My foot has actually really been bothering me today. I just want to go home and put it up. I keep on hoping that it will be completely healed before my wedding, but for some reason, I keep on thinking it won't :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • So, Monday My FI told me that his freind who is married to my college classmate was coming into town. At first only the guys were going to hang out. The fellas decided that they wanted their wives and furture wife ( me there). Well, on my way to work, my FI called me to tell me we may be host. So after work, I have to get the house ready for guest. Apperently, His friend and wife are having problems and now do not want guest.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Two relatively minor vents:

Scaffolding has gone up over my bedroom window, and now they have started doing SOMETHING to the windows by my kitchen. So by 9am every morning there is this horrible drilling noise in all parts of my apartment. Plus we have to keep the windows shut during the day now so that our place doesn't fill up with construction dust.

I'm pretty sure my mother hate nearly everything about my wedding. Fi and I are paying for it, so I don't need her approval. It just hurts to have her respond "oh well that's different" or "that's unique" to everything! She's not usually a critical person but I can't believe how overly sensitive I'm being to her comments. Thankfully everyone under 40 who is invited seems to like our invitations, website, decor, etc. Maybe it's just a generational issue. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:ddcdc90b-ec17-4c60-8fea-c0a7a31db596">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Chels I'm so sorry :( I thought you won full custody didn't you? WTF does he want now?</strong> I'm so sick of school SO so so soso sick of it, I feel like I'm drowning here.  The administration/new "parent" group is starting to look like the US Government-full of corruption.  I wish there were more job opportunities out there.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I do have full custody.... but one email from him can really stress me out. I know I shouldnt let him get to me, but I cant help it. If anyone has some stress relieving techniques I would love to hear them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:bbc6ce68-0901-4852-b3fd-8062f9f0d9c7">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday and no post??? : I do have full custody.... but one email from him can really stress me out. I know I shouldnt let him get to me, but I cant help it. <strong>If anyone has some stress relieving techniques I would love to hear them.
    </strong>Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

A punching bag with his face on it might help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • FI wants a new job and I fully support him in this but sometimes I feel like he's selling himself short by some of the jobs he gets all gung-ho about. For instance, there's one at our alma mater's library. The schedule is Sunday-Thursday 4:15-midnight.

Sure he'd still have the weekend with me but I'd literally never see him from Monday-Thursday as I work 7-4 Monday-Friday but I ride the bus so I wouldn't be at home from around 6am-5pm.

I did get him to agree that he wouldn't want to start our our married life like that. Y'know, seeing each other less than we do right now NOT living together. 
  • Daria, my first guess about your mom criticizing everything like that is that she's hurt she's not involved at all. Could that be the case? Doesn't mean she should be nasty about it, but that could be what's going on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:cc687efa-ff34-45e4-b10b-047c21a61daa">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday and no post??? : Using his face as a punching bag might help!
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

FTFY :)

Well you're at least in the first direction: You are recognizing it's in your head.  In the end, you just need to remind yourself that YOU WON.  He will never be able to have Carter.  Ever.  He's just trying to piss you off and if you let him, then he wins.
  • I cannot wait for a new job. I am tired of doing everyone else's job. The front desk lady never stays at her desk. She just wonders off. She is always on the phone with her adult children. This morning her daughter called her from Arizona because her car broke down and could not get a hold of her husband. Um. you cannot call your own tow truck or a call a cop to come and help you. So because the front desk lady was on the phone for about an hour this morning dealin with this, I had to answer the phone. It is her job to answer the phone not mine. I don't mind helping if you get backed up, but I hate helping if you are having personal phone calls.

Chels - Try Kick Boxing. Or even tennis or the batting cages and pretend the ball is your ex's head
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Great ideas ladies :)
  • I love my in laws but they are 20 minutes away and it takes time for them to get back with us. its not a huge deal but I'm a planner so it really works my patience at times.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:be49252a-5c88-4e18-8605-ad2428e9b9c1">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really have any new vents today....just the usual.....I HATE my job, etc.  <strong>And I am sick of waiting for FIL's to take SOOO long to get back to us on everything.  I know they live in Australia, but that doesn't mean they have to take 2 weeks to answer every little question!!!!
    </strong>Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:a45dede4-0fce-4d16-a408-e5f6353b90c0">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my in laws but they are 20 minutes away and it takes time for them to get back with us. its not a huge deal but I'm a planner so it really works my patience at times. In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday and no post??? :
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

<div>I think my biggest problem with this is everyone still goes "ohhhh you have LOTS of time to make these decisions".  Well no, I have less than 3 months and I have a million other things to take care of in the mean time, so I am kinda looking to get this out of the way now.  If I get too pushy though, I get called a Bridezilla.  I've said it before, and I will say it again:  Being a bridezilla is not the same as being organized.  I want to get as much done as possible now so I have less to worry about closer to the day!  Ughghgh.  I think you actually have to be in a bride's shoes to understand this so everyone just thinks I've gotten really impatient and crazy!!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:b2a340cc-18ae-4276-96a7-a2a8345add33">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daria, my first guess about your mom criticizing everything like that is that she's hurt she's not involved at all. Could that be the case? Doesn't mean she should be nasty about it, but that could be what's going on.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sure she doesn't realize that's how it's coming across. I think she's also just having a hard time reconciling that my wedding is not traditional, from having a civil ceremony down to using a hand drawn font on the invitations instead of a fancy script one. I realize some of our ideas take some getting used to. </div>
  • Hi, I am going to post on here because I have a something to vent about today....We are on our third time of reordering our invites, first time, wrong size...secend time, not even the right picture, third time, my name is spelled wrong AND the date of the wedding is wrong we are getting married June 30th NOT the 13th!!!! Soooo upset!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-and-no-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d2e51dd-7730-418f-abaa-7da677361e7aPost:d218b483-cdba-43d0-8e02-59712565e6e6">Re: Therapy Thursday and no post???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am going to post on here because I have a something to vent about today....We are on our third time of reordering our invites, first time, wrong size...secend time, not even the right picture, third time, my name is spelled wrong AND the date of the wedding is wrong we are getting married June 30th NOT the 13th!!!! Soooo upset!!!!
    Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE]

I hope the company is paying for all of the reorders and shipping costs. That's ridiculous.
  • I had to pay for the first ones, I ordered the wrong size. The bad part is, the lady who took our pictures is who ordered them. She is a friend and a single mom....I know she can't aford to keep reordering them..but neither can i :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards