September 2012 Weddings

SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR

After 12 treatments, today was my fiance's last chemotherapy session.  I seriously could cry.  It sucks, because he will still be sick all week, but I am so beyond thilled this shitty process is coming to an end.  We have to wait until March for his final scans and confirmation that he is in remission, but we are confident everything is going well.

Just had to share!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR

• Congrats!  You must be a very strong person, I would have had a hard time dealing with it.  I will keep my fingers crossed that everything looks good for the final scans :)
  • Wow -- that is amazing. Congratulations to both of you. Fingers crossed for you guys -- please keep us updated on how everything is going if you feel comfortable doing it :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations! What a relief! I hope everything works out and you'll have even more reason to celebrate!
  • That is so great! I hope things go ok and he can. FI has ben in remission for a little over 4yrs now. Fingers crossed for you and especially him!
  • Thanks everyone!

lbarr088:  You would be surprised how strong you can become when you are put to the test.  I would have never thought I could get through it either.  I just focused on him getting through it and not on what "could" happen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on making it through such a tough process. You're relationship will be all that much stronger for having survived such a challenge. Praying for clear scans and remission. Keep us posted if you feel up to it. :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • I'm so happy for you!! It's an incredible testament to your character and your love for one another. Beautiful :) I'll keep you and your FI in my T&P!!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!!  That's so amazing and so nice to hear.  T&P for his continued recovery.
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_soooooo-happy-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f26f2329-6af8-4d8e-9893-45074435be54Post:afb69cf0-f72a-41f0-9269-89b7eaf8a2f6">Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so great! I hope things go ok and he can. FI has ben in remission for a little over 4yrs now.

Fingers crossed for you and especially him!
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

Wow. Four years. Congratulatins!!! That is so awesome. What kind of cancer did he have if you don't mind me asking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats to your FI!  Best news of the night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_soooooo-happy-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f26f2329-6af8-4d8e-9893-45074435be54Post:57a0d3f0-df20-479b-9ab9-91fac32083a7">Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to your FI!  Best news of the night!
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

Thanks :). That made me smile. I appreciate everyones comments!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is fantastic, I'm so happy for you! Here's hoping for nothing but good news for your FI from now on :-)
    Anniversary
  • Wow, so happy for you & FI! T&P for his continued recovery. :)
    Anniversary
  • oh that's wonderful! you must both be so thrilled to have made it through that terrible process! wishing you both health and happiness!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_soooooo-happy-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f26f2329-6af8-4d8e-9893-45074435be54Post:3a50565c-a3c4-40d2-b663-f9105a359871">Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR : Wow. Four years. Congratulatins!!! That is so awesome. What kind of cancer did he have if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted by luvbug1022[/QUOTE]

FI, his mother and older sister all have lymphoma.  FI is the luckiest one of the three. 

His mother was diagnosed about 25 years ago and is still going, after they told her she only had 6 months to live at the time.  She is always in and out of the hospital, but for the most part she is doing great. 

His sister has lots of problems but manages beautifully.  She is in the process of adopting a little boy, she is the head of wic in another part of the country and regularly has her blood cleaned followed by electrolyte treatments.

When you catch things early and get the treatments as instructed, you can live life to the fullest.  The treatments suck, but the life after it can be amazing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_soooooo-happy-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f26f2329-6af8-4d8e-9893-45074435be54Post:1e830e97-37cd-49d7-b3d9-644623c8b7d9">Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SOOOOOO HAPPY-NWR :   FI, his mother and older sister all have lymphoma.  FI is the luckiest one of the three.  His mother was diagnosed about 25 years ago and is still going, after they told her she only had 6 months to live at the time.  She is always in and out of the hospital, but for the most part she is doing great.  His sister has lots of problems but manages beautifully.  She is in the process of adopting a little boy, she is the head of wic in another part of the country and regularly has her blood cleaned followed by electrolyte treatments. When you catch things early and get the treatments as instructed, you can live life to the fullest.  The treatments suck, but the life after it can be amazing.
    Posted by DirtyWater[/QUOTE]

That is so crazy.  All the research I have done has said that there is nothing genetic about lymphoma, but your FI's case proves otherwise!!

My fiance has hodgkin's lymphoma.  I was so happy to learn that they have done A TON of reseach and studying on this particular form, so the treatment course is very good.  He was furhter along than we inititially anticipated which caused longer treatment, but he showed good signs on his mid scans so wea re hoping for good results in March.  We found out three months before our intitial wedding date (October 2011) and pushed it back.  We are both so ready to move on with our lives and get to the good times!!!

Your FI's family must be very strong to get through what they have been through. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You must be incrediably strong to deal with that. Hope those scans turn out great in March and your life together is amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards