June 2013 Weddings

So fickle

We changed our colors. It took us FOREVER to agree on colors, and we ended up just settling with something we could both "live with". But it's been bothering me a lot lately, so I finally brought it up. The original colors we both liked (right away) were orange and purple. Rob works for Hobart and William Smith Colleges though, and Hobart's colors are orange and purple (though they tend to use navy a lot in place of purple). We didn't want everyone thinking we picked though colors because of the college, but we both liked them. We finally said screw it and that's what we're using and I am so excited.

We went to DC last April with a few of our friends. We were walking past the World Health Organization building and outside of it were the most beautiful purple and orange tulips (which happen to be Rob's favorite flowers, it reminds him of his Dutch grandmother, whose ring he gave to me when he proposed). I always thought that if I got married I wanted those colors. And now I get to have them!

We also decided on what to have "thrown" at us during our recessional. He worked at space camp in between his undergrad and grad school. So when he moved back to NY he brought the idea of making rockets to our summer camp (where we met/fell in love/got engaged). We've decided we're going to make enough paper rockets for people to "throw" at us for the recessional. They'll be on straws so you can blow through the straw to launch the rocket. And Rob is super excited to DIY130 paper rockets on straws too, which is awesome. 

It should be pretty fun and original, a cute photo op, whatever. It also happens to have personal meaning to us on a variety of levels. And the idea of our guests "launching" miniature paper rockets at us for the recessional should give a pretty good indicator as to what kind of vibe and feel we're going for!
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: So fickle

• What a unique and fun idea!  Thats really cool :-)
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Omg! Those are MY wedding colors as well....with an accent of silver! Wow! Purple...my FAVE color...and I always said I wanted a purple wedding BECAUSE it's my favorite color...and of course...ROYALTY. Orange? FI FAVE color! :-)
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
  • The paper rockets idea is so cute!! That should make for some amazing pictures.
  • that sounds super cute and definitely original. Its always nice when you can get the FI excited about a DIY project lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_so-fickle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:86c3565e-821b-485a-a388-4053e0bc1879Post:247ed662-2e19-4fee-8555-cf3823a98286">So fickle</a>:
    [QUOTE]We changed our colors. It took us FOREVER to agree on colors, and we ended up just settling with something we could both "live with". But it's been bothering me a lot lately, so I finally brought it up. The original colors we both liked (right away) were orange and purple. Rob works for Hobart and William Smith Colleges though, and Hobart's colors are orange and purple (though they tend to use navy a lot in place of purple). We didn't want everyone thinking we picked though colors because of the college, but we both liked them. We finally said screw it and that's what we're using and I am so excited. We went to DC last April with a few of our friends. We were walking past the World Health Organization building and outside of it were the most beautiful purple and orange tulips (which happen to be Rob's favorite flowers, it reminds him of his Dutch grandmother, whose ring he gave to me when he proposed). I always thought that if I got married I wanted those colors. And now I get to have them! We also decided on what to have "thrown" at us during our recessional. He worked at space camp in between his undergrad and grad school. So when he moved back to NY he brought the idea of making rockets to our summer camp (where we met/fell in love/got engaged). We've decided we're going to make enough paper rockets for people to "throw" at us for the recessional. They'll be on straws so you can blow through the straw to launch the rocket. And Rob is super excited to DIY130 paper rockets on straws too, which is awesome.  It should be pretty fun and original, a cute photo op, whatever. It also happens to have personal meaning to us on a variety of levels. And the idea of our guests "launching" miniature paper rockets at us for the recessional should give a pretty good indicator as to what kind of vibe and feel we're going for!
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

At least he is helping you

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards