Hawaii
Options

Is it bad if... (long)

I want my mom to go away???  She is stressing me out royally.  I posted earlier about my stress with overcharges on the credit card and a bunch of other things that went wrong.  Well my mom's response was  that she was fuming but not at the situation....at me!  She kept ranting about whenever she is in town, there is always some major trauma with money that she bails my sister or I out of.  This is totally not true.  

Backstory: My mom grew up the oldest of 6 kids.  They were raised in the projects of an inner city with little money.  Now that she is older, she has money.  I would have money too if I was making $80,000 and living in military housing in Tokyo and not having to pay federal charges.  She is the type that flaunts and reminds everyone at every turn how much she spends on everything she buys.  She paid for our reception but that was only because she originally put the money toward my sister's wedding which was cancelled.  My mom was going to lose all the money because it was past the 6 month mark.  She finally bullied them into applying it to my wedding.  Well I haven't heard the end of how she is paying for the reception.  I feel like looking at her and saying that I never asked for it. that it was money that she was going to lose anyway.  Instead I hear things like "Oh you mean the reception that I am paying for" or "oh it will be so beautiful because of me paying for it."  Give me a flippen break. I have never once asked for anything from her.  If anything,. my dad has done more for me.  He paid for all of my schooling (private grammar, high school, and then college), working three jobs and killing his finances.  He struggled but didn't once rub it in my face.  Now I have her constantly throwing anything she offers to do back at me.  I say no thanks but she basically bullies us into accepting whatever she offers and then makes it feel as though we owe her the world.  I just want her to go back to Japan at this point.  I lover her but I can't take it. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it bad if... (long)

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only 2 more days honey!!  I think we all get a bit stressed out with our Moms, cause well, Moms can be stressful!  Just try to ignore her for the next 3 days and it will all be done!  When you get your pics back, you should send her one of the empty reception hall all set up and just write 'Thank you for our reception - it was wonderful because of you', for you it will feel like a nice dig, and for her she might actually be gracious and accept it nicely! 
    You're almost there, try to ignore her and enjoy your big day!  It will be fabulous - no matter who paid for it!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent away, it's one of the many reasons we're here! Parents can be frustrating, for sure.

I hate money arguments. It's like... it's not a gift if there are strings attached, you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards