Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

**monkey0919**

Hi! My name is Kim and I need lots of help, I am planning a beach wedding and can not find a ceremony site that is on lake Michigan with a reception site not to far away that I have liked. I live in Grand Rapids and I am willing to travel an hour or so if I find somewhere I really love. I also wanted my reception site pretty close to where I have my ceremony. One other thing I was looking for was a reception site that is reasonable in price and is either in or walking distance to a hotel or any other over night accommodations for my guests. Am I asking for too much?  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!!! Thanks! 

Also I have tried a few beach houses, my barefoot wedding, and the holiday inn in Spring Lake and wasn’t impressed.

Thanks again!!!

Re: **monkey0919**

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Monkey - I think that Kimberly is specifically looking for more information on Ventura Pines....
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help, Im still getting to know how to work this site :)
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

anytime!!  that's what i'm here for Laughing

**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    monkey0919monkey0919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What exactly would you like to know?  The website has costs and all that.  My dad paid for most of it so I'm not much help in that area.  If you're wondering what hotels, I'll ask my mom tomorrow where she stayed.  All of our guests were from West Michigan except for my in-laws (they have a time share and they got a place right up the road from us) and Mom who lives here in MD.  But I can find out where they stayed, I'm not remembering off the top of my head right now.  At Ventura Pines, you can do a wedding right on the beach or in the yard.  We opted for the yard (a bluff overlooking the water) b/c my grandparents would not have been able to make it down the steps to the beach.  If I'm not answering any of your questions properly or anything, feel free to email me at davesgirl1582 at yahoo dot com. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, I checked your previous post and see some of the questions now!  We had about 50 guests and there was plenty of room.  Our friends that we work with flew up to Michigan from Maryland and stayed with us at the house.  My cousin also stayed.  And the night of our wedding my dad and stepmom also ended up staying.  We had the reception at Ventura Pines as well and had it catered.  My dad ordered a tent with tables and a 12 x 12 dance floor.  My dad built a bar and a neighbor of his was the bartender so we bought all the booze which means it was more then plentiful.  I bought the cake from Second Floor Bakery and it was beautiful and delicious.  The food was set out on long tables under the tent.  We had a separate table for the cake.  Let me know if you need more specific answers.  I will ask my mom about the hotel tomorrow though.  Hope this has been semi helpful.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and if you're still looking for a DJ, I totally recommend Dance Traks DJ.  The guy that did our wedding was so freakin' awesome and everyone loved him.  Like I said, we only had about 50 guests and the dance floor was packed all night long. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate your help! Thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Barefoot Wedding does not offer a venue, they travel to the location you choose and setup their services at that location!  Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards