Illinois-Chicago

NWR: Runners?

As the weather gets nicer, I'd like to start running outside again.  I'm in need of new running shoes and am wondering if anyone has any rec's on stores to get fitted at?  Preferably a West suburban location but am really open to anywhere.  I didn't have a great experience at Naperville Running Company and have heard so-so things about D!ck Pond.  Any other rec's?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Runners?

• Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fleet Feet in Elmhurst was very good to me.  I had some issues after running a marathon and found out that I needed a stiffer shoe.  Fleet Feet was able to help me find one - no problems since!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • edited December 2011
    Road Runner Sports in Naperville has a great staff.  They put me on a treadmill and taped it so I could see how my feet fell when I ran to better recommend a shoe that supported my foot.  Cannot say enough good things about them! Their prices are pretty great too both in store and online.  :)
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there, but I've run a few 5K's sponsored by Running Away Multisport.
    http://www.runningawaymultisport.com/

they have locations in Chicago and Deerfield.  I really should get fitted for proper running shoes too!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the rec's, ladies!  I actually went to Fleet Feet in Elmhurst earlier, since I was in the area.  It was awesome!  Great experience.

@Aimers--Yes, you totally need to get fitted!  Also, I can't believe your wedding is in 43 days!  Ahhh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards