North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hilton Inn Menu Choices?

Hey all!

Almost the weekend...woohoo!  :)

For those of you who have chosen the Hilton for your reception: we're doing our tasting with the hotel over Easter weekend and were wondering if any of you have chosen your menu yet or tried any of the dishes?  There's so many choices!  Any suggestions on entrees and appetizers?

I think right now we're leaning towards plated dinners with the crab cakes and chicken saltimboca...

Thanks!!

Re: Hilton Inn Menu Choices?

• rloseccorlosecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The chicken saltimboca was amazing.  the salmon was not very good.  are you tasting any appetizers?  we only got to try the spinich dip, which was amazing.
  • GreColeGreCole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats so good to hear!  We were thinking of adding a 3rd option which was the salmon... not anymore. :)

For appetizers I think we're trying the bacon wrapped scallops and the phyllo with brie and raspberries?  I think we were thinking that anything with bacon would be pretty good haha.  Thanks for your input!!  I love a good spinach dip!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and i love bacon.  i forgot we tasted those too.. sooo good!  really, the only thing was the salmon, and my fiance actually liked it.  so maybe its just me. 
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I tried the salmon as well and thought it was kinda dry. We both loved the Crab Cakes however!!! The Chicken Breast Saltimbocca was absolutely amazing, our favorite dish by far!!!
  • alibavalibav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hilton Garden Inn availability question... I didn't realize how popular the venue is!!!  they already have "proposals" in place for September of 2011.  Were any of you brides who are using the Pier House on a wait list.. before you got the date you want...Or should I just look somewhere else? 

thanks!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose an off season date initially.  Then we had to change the date (long story), but we made the decision to change dates in May 2010 for a date in July 2011... We are also having it on a Friday. 
  • nddelaneynddelaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last June when we inquired at the Hilton, my daughter was "penciled" in for Sept 2011, labor day weekend and then we went on the waiting list for a May or June date. a month later, June 11, 2011 became available due to a cancelation.....so yeah, we took that date! we are just under 2 months away now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards