January 2013 Weddings

Weekly Topics

I love how active our board is today : I feel like our weddings are so super close that we are all in the crazy excited, slightly stressed phase! Lol.

I would love if we were always this active, and was thinking maybe we could do either daily or weekly topics. Like dresses, flowers, food, centerpieces, favors, etc. And everyone could discuss and post pictures. Just something fun, some inspiration, a chance to brag a little on our fab ideas :

We could start with theme/overall feel/colors.

Ours is in a lodge, cememony in the great room in front of the fireplace. Lots of white flowers and candles everywhere. Very romantic, small, intimate : Colors are white and grey, with touches of navy blue.

Re: Weekly Topics

• Love this idea! Our overall theme is roses and pearls. Very romantic with candles and rose petals everywhere; draped pearls and satin fabrics. Except not so intimate.. 450 are being invited!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_weekly-topics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2560e136-eac3-4cf3-a3de-b91f7710cb9bPost:87755de4-f30f-41cd-9844-9f866f9d8f24">Re:Weekly Topics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love this idea! Our overall theme is roses and pearls. Very romantic with candles and rose petals everywhere; draped pearls and satin fabrics. Except not so intimate.. 450 are being invited!
    Posted by gabbagirl89[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty! Red roses or another color? I couldn't imagine 450! Although our extended families that we are close with are fairly small (mine is actually pretty big, but we don't talk to and live across the country from most of them). We sent out 30 invites, and are expecting 40-60 total! We're doing family only (including friends more than trippled the list, and most were being invited out of obligation).
  • Great idea! 450 people! I couldn't even imagine that we know 450 people. We would have to let everyone bring like +4 to even get close! We invited 36 and are estimating 30 to accept.

Our colors are brown and light blue. We are going for a casual and fun atmosphere.

• Our colors are red and gold. We're playing to a sort of old hollywood feel. We are just trying to make things as elegant as possible. Our favorite movie is It Happened One Night, so we have elements of that included, and a sort of 1940s feel to some of it. Our guest list is sitting at 250, so small and intimate is also not a thing for me. HUGE family, and we didn't even invite all of them. My parents had 4 and 5 siblings, so that plus spouses, children, all 4 of my grandparents are still living and only one of them is an only child and I know and love my great aunts and uncles. We drew the line at my mom's creepy 50-year-old cousins who still live at home. Some of my mom's cousins did get an invite, but they are the ones I see most often. 2:1 ratio of my family to his, but we split pretty evenly when it came to friends.
  • Our colors are navy blue and silver. We're going for a very formal and sophisticated look. Our church and reception venue definitely dictate that feel. And we have 200 guests invited. Our invites are just about done and we'll be getting the envelopes from the calligrapher this weekend. I'm so giddy/excited about everything!
  • Our colors are ivory, silver, black with hints of rhinestones/bling here and there.  There's no real theme, but I guess it's bordering on classic/traditional.  I just want it to be a nice, fun time with family and friends.  I'm calling it a backyard bash with class because it's in the backyard of a home, but the home is a mini-mansion in Miami that is beautifully landscaped with palm trees and a pool.  Semi-formal.  Outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour by the pool.  Reception in the enclosed tent.  We are inviting 79, but are expecting 50-60 (lots of out-of-towners and quite a few are unable to attend).  Ivory flowers (roses and calla lillies) and simple decor.
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Our colors are black, white, with touches of ice blue.  We are going for a warm romantic feel with lots of candles and lanterns...center pieces are orchids and white roses, 1/3 will have floating candles with orchids, 1/3 will have lanterns with posey vases filled with orchids and roses, and the last 1/3 will be just various size candles with white rose petals scattered.  We want it simple, warm, and inviting :) 
  • I LOVE RED AND GOLD together....VERY wintry and beautiful!  : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_weekly-topics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2560e136-eac3-4cf3-a3de-b91f7710cb9bPost:41cf2755-2765-4180-8449-a4a33a66f9e9">Re: Weekly Topics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our colors are red and gold. We're playing to a sort of old hollywood feel. We are just trying to make things as elegant as possible. Our favorite movie is It Happened One Night, so we have elements of that included, and a sort of 1940s feel to some of it. Our guest list is sitting at 250, so small and intimate is also not a thing for me. HUGE family, and we didn't even invite all of them. My parents had 4 and 5 siblings, so that plus spouses, children, all 4 of my grandparents are still living and only one of them is an only child and I know and love my great aunts and uncles. We drew the line at my mom's creepy 50-year-old cousins who still live at home. Some of my mom's cousins did get an invite, but they are the ones I see most often. 2:1 ratio of my family to his, but we split pretty evenly when it came to friends.
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • This is a GREAT idea, I concur!!  Props to you, Ksblumb!  : )

We are doing a Winter Fairy Tale theme.  NOT princess'ing it out but doing more elegance and warmth.  Our colors are Aqua, purple, silver and white...I wanted different!  We originally were doing a beach theme (when the date was June) but we changed it to January and also changed the theme.  Hence- the Aqua colored dresses my girls already had.  It's actually called "Pool" from Davids Bridal.  (Dont like that place but won't go there right now.)  Our venue is at a Country Club, which has CHARM GALORE!  It's one of the oldest ones in NY and has gleaming hardwood floors, two fireplaces, and wood beams as a ceiling in the main room.  Draping white tulle over the beams!  We are inviting approx 130 people but we already know that some can't make it that live out of state for numerous reasons, not just the weather.  I am receiving RSVP's as we speak though and so far, so good with our locals.  : )  It's def exciting to see the little check mark that says "delightfully accepts!"
    Not entirely sure on my centerpieces still.  I have some silver branches that have LED lights on them and am thinking of doing lots of white on the tables (table cloths, napkins) but having some fabric or possibly colored tulle on the tables to add texture and color...
    I saw a DIY CUTE fairy tale centerpiece that I may try...if I do it, I will post pics..
    Flowers are going to be white, purple and pink roses.  : )  Same colors for cake.
    I think that about covers it...
    God is Faithful!
  • I'm definitely loving this.. all of it! Such a variety of ideas and colors here! Cant believe we are so close to our dates.
  • So fun to hear winter ideas! Our venue is upstairs in the old county courthouse. Kind of dark, formal, old fashioned , rich looking. We took our colors from the carpet and walls and wood, dark green, gold, creams and browns and a deep red. Tablecloths are dark green with clusters of different sized and shaped mason jars with candles in them. Around many of the necks of them will be gold ribbon with an old fashioned key and lock hanging from it, or a little frame with our names in them. The tables will be identified by old pictures of buildings in our town with a short history of the building on the back. We'll probably have some miniature white lights around. There are large old time pictures hanging on two walls and the others are wood and glass. We'll be married in front of the large fireplace at the front corner of the room. It will be simple and perfect for us! So excited!
  • Our theme is southern vintage. The colors were using is blush, ivory, and silver. We found this gorgeous antebellum home with a huge yard. We're having the ceremony under an oak tree, and a reception under the stars (weather willing). If there is rain, we have a tent just in case. I'm so excited just thinking about it!
  • In Response to Re:Weekly Topics:[QUOTE]Our theme is southern vintage. The colors were using is blush, ivory, and silver. We found this gorgeous antebellum home with a huge yard. We're having the ceremony under an oak tree, and a reception under the stars weather willing. If there is rain, we have a tent just in case. I'm so excited just thinking about it! Posted by ashliebristol[/QUOTE]

That sounds incredible!
  • I didn't look at this board for a week and there was a flurry of activity! I love it! 

My theme/design inspiration is "Winter in the Woods," with royal blue, black, and silver as our colors. We selected huge branch centerpieces and have 8" glass candles on the tables that have been painted stipey white (I'm sure you've seen it on Pintrest) or have sticks tied to them with a royal blue ribbon. Tablecloths are royal blue with white napkins, our DJ is going to do blue uplighting, and the florist is going to make big trees and candle stands, so I really hope it will feel like being in the middle of the woods at dusk. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • That sounds so cool!

If I had a second pick, it would be kinda similar to this...for winter anyways.  I love royal blue, purple and silver...it looks sooo woodsy fantasy...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_weekly-topics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2560e136-eac3-4cf3-a3de-b91f7710cb9bPost:da0e9a04-bcd4-49d3-8f10-b1ee67426b7e">Re: Weekly Topics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't look at this board for a week and there was a flurry of activity! I love it!  My theme/design inspiration is "Winter in the Woods," with royal blue, black, and silver as our colors. We selected huge branch centerpieces and have 8" glass candles on the tables that have been painted stipey white (I'm sure you've seen it on Pintrest) or have sticks tied to them with a royal blue ribbon. Tablecloths are royal blue with white napkins, our DJ is going to do blue uplighting, and the florist is going to make big trees and candle stands, so I really hope it will feel like being in the middle of the woods at dusk. 
    Posted by abbiecorwin[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • Oh, I love reading everyone's style and decor ideas!!  I have been gone from the boards for about a month and I come back and the board has exploded!

We are doing elegant, simple, clean, and classic.  With just a touch of 'sleek'.  :)
    Lots of candles.
    Charcoal gray, apple red, and ivory.  A lot of satin touches.
    We are doing floating candles (with red flowers) in cylindrical vases for centerpieces.  Ivory tablecloths with charcoal gray runners. 

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards