• Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

hmm...

It's quiet today.

How's everyone doing???
Anniversary

Re: hmm...

• it IS quiet!!! i'm anxiously awaiting my photos. DH said last night that this wait just means they're going to be totally awesome!
    Anniversary image<br
  • good and bad.

im ready for matt to get home so we can hang out together.
  • I'm exceptionally sleepy...  Labalump woke me up at 2:30 yesterday morning and then Ironman had to get up at 3:00 to be into work by 4:00 this morning.  I'm not sure if this iced tea is enough to keep me awake for the afternoon. 

In other news my oldest niece turns 18 next week (b-day party this weekend) and I have no idea what to get her.  :(
  • Lisa- they BETTER be awesome! I'm sure they will be :)

Colleen- take her shopping. Make sure to buy something for yourself as a reward for being awesome.

I'm at work. Which is better than I did yesterday. My allergies are at an all-time suckfest. At least I think that's what's wrong with me. Doctor on Monday. I miss breathing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: hmm...:
    [QUOTE]Lisa- they BETTER be awesome! I'm sure they will be :) Colleen- take her shopping. Make sure to buy something for yourself as a reward for being awesome. I'm at work. Which is better than I did yesterday. My allergies are at an all-time suckfest. At least I think that's what's wrong with me. Doctor on Monday. I miss breathing.
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]

loveeeeeeeeee this idea!
  • Lisa- I can't believe you are still waiting! I hope you get them very soon.

Colleen- Shopping is the best way to go. That you you get to spend quality time with her, plus you don't have to guess on what to get her and worry whether or not she likes it.

I'm working as well. But my job is very slow. I'm trying to make myself look busy everytime the boss comes by. Lunch is soon, so that'll give me something to do.
    Anniversary
  • Good. Sleepy at work & ready for the work day to be over. Looking forward to mexican food for dinner with the hubby tonight.Laughing

Oh, and yes it is very quiet around here. Boo....
    Anniversary
  • We are in the midst of getting new windows for our house and I have been talking to the window guy for a while telling them exactly everything we want for each window. This is way more work than I thought it would be. Who knew there were so many decisions that go into one window, let alone 15...

Corkie, I had the same problem with my allergies and I kept losing my voice. My Allergist gave me an inhaler and I am allergy free after I use it! I was a little weirded out by taking it but it is so much better than taking an antihistimine that never worked for me. Hope you find what works for you!

Girlie, I agree with the other girls. A shopping trip would be an awesome gift for an 18 year old!
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • i second the shopping idea, she'd get to hang out with her cool Aunt Colleen! i had an aunt that used to take me on "shopping sprees" for my birthdays (she gave a limit of like $40, at the time it was big!), and i LOVED it.
    Anniversary image<br
  • I'm tired.  Today is another long day...working 13 hours. At least the second job is fun...not dreadful like this place. 

And it just took me an hour to figure out how to re-do my siggy.  It has been so long, I forgot how to do it.  Meh.
    [QUOTE] Corkie, I had the same problem with my allergies and I kept losing my voice. My Allergist gave me an inhaler and I am allergy free after I use it! I was a little weirded out by taking it but it is so much better than taking an antihistimine that never worked for me. Hope you find what works for you!
    Posted by AshleyLynnB[/QUOTE]
    My worst nightmare would be that I have to get shots on a monthly basis...I'm afraid I'm allergic to my dog :( This completely breaks my heart- but I will conquer my fear of needles for her if that's what it takes! Also, the air quality around here has been terrible lately because we haven't gotten a good rain in awhile. Haven't lost my voice yet (DH should be so lucky!!), but it's a very real possibility- I'm pretty raspy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Shopping it is, thanks girls.  I think we'll schedule a full girls weekend for it so she can get out of the house too. 

Corkie, I feel your pain.  I have allergies normally anyway but all of the smoke from the fires in the state is killing me.  My eyes are constantly burning and watering and my throat feels like I swallowed sandpaper.  I hope the doctor can help you find some relief. 

• Mr Dr. wanted me to get allergy shots, cause I am allergic to both cats and dogs.  They want $25.00 a week for them...I can't afford that.  So, I just take Allegra D and a prescription nosespray and deal with it.  And there is no way I am getting rid of my pets.  I'd rather suffer.
  • Corkie, I really thought I would have to go in for shots as well. But luckily I just got an inhaler and nose spray. Which when he gave them to me I had no voice and was constantly having headaches, I thought he was crazy for just giving me those but they totally worked! I can tell when I am late in taking them too because I start to lose my voice and cough.

If you have had your dog for a while I wouldn't worry about it but they will probably do skin tests to see what it is that is getting to you. I'll cross my fingers for you it isn't your puppy that is making you sick!
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yucky here....

Got some sort of bug last night -DH and I had the same thing for dinner - he's fine, my dinner didn't stay put.  I had to come to work today (big call in the AM, and now I am leading training on spill prevention until 7pm - inbetween classes right now).  I wanna go home.  And DH is gone until late Sat - so I get to be all mopey at home by myself......

Pitty party over......
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Thanks, ya'll. It takes a lot for me to surrender and go see a doc, so I'm about fed up with it at this point. Keep ya posted. Oaklie- I can't do the $25/wk or afford the time to go that often. I'll just buck up if that's the case.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gundy I hope you feel better soon!  Ginger is really good for settling upset tummies. 
  • Hi girls :)

Allergy shots aren't SO bad. I got them for 8 years. Started out three times a week, then twice a week, then once a week, then twice a month, and then once a month. The only bad part was when they would up my dosage and I would have a slight reaction and it would hurt and burn :(

But I'm allergic to fire ants, and living in Georgia this is a bad thing. So I had to choose between allergy shots or maybe dying if I got bit.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I know the ginger trick - we keep it on the boat!  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    [QUOTE]Shopping it is, thanks girls.  I think we'll schedule a full girls weekend for it so she can get out of the house too.  Corkie, I feel your pain.  I have allergies normally anyway but all of the smoke from the fires in the state is killing me.  My eyes are constantly burning and watering and my throat feels like I swallowed sandpaper.  I hope the doctor can help you find some relief. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

can you be my aunt too?
  • Ok Cathy but that means I'll call you things like "punk" and "kiddo" all of the time and I'll give you heck about all of your teenage angst/emo posts on FB.  :) 

Oh hey, before I forget, looks like I'll be in Jersey sometime around Labor Day for my god-daughters christening.  Date hasn't been finalized yet though.
  • So tired today. Just want to sleep.... I am ready for a day off with nothing that needs to be done.....ha! That's actually a funny thought!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]Ok Cathy but that means I'll call you things like "punk" and "kiddo" all of the time and I'll give you heck about all of your teenage angst/emo posts on FB.  :)  Oh hey, before I forget, looks like I'll be in Jersey sometime around Labor Day for my god-daughters christening.  Date hasn't been finalized yet though.
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

haha, im not emo i promise! :)

ohhhh.....let me know if you are, when and where when you know!
  • Shopping sounds great!!!  :)

I currently get allergy shots, but they certainly don't cost $25 a week!  I think it depends on what kind of health insurance you have.  I don't have to pay anything for them.  I have been getting them for 3 years, and they have worked wonders!  I was allergic to animals, mold, dust and trees, but thanks to the allergy shots, I only get a tad sniffly in rare instances!  Look into it!

As for me, I am AWESOME!  I found out at work today that the VP of my department is working on getting me an iPad that I can have for work and also use it for personal stuff!  Yes, I am very excited about this!!!
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    [QUOTE]As for me, I am AWESOME!  I found out at work today that the VP of my department is working on getting me an iPad that I can have for work and also use it for personal stuff!  Yes, I am very excited about this!!!
    Posted by ~Tuck~[/QUOTE]

you'll love it!  Alex got me mine for my birthday last year and its awesome.  I use it mainly for the ereader capabilities... (my library actually has a decent selection of ebooks for lend which is great).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards