Rhode Island
Options

What's the going rate for...

...make-up?

If you don't mind me asking.  I was quoted 125 for bridal application and 70 for bridesmaids, which seemed a bit high... 
TIA!

Re: What's the going rate for...

• Options
    WdngPlnrWdngPlnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to ask the same question. I am seeing that the prices are pretty high.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Krystal Treanor and I am paying $75 for myself and $50 for each of my maids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Allison Barbera and paying $75 for myself, and BMs/others are $50.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kristin Greene - 55 for bridesmaids, 100 for me, and 55 for my trial. I was stunned by rates too when I first started looking!
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $150 for bridal, $100 for everyone else.  This is for Jane Sincere.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not decided on a make up artist yet because I am stil researching for an air brush artist. I am strongly considering Girly Junk, $85 for everyone for air brush make up. This is actually on the low end and I was skeptical at first but they get tons of positive reviews. I have a trial with them and Spectrum make up. I need a make up artist for two days so yeah this is definitely going to be costly.

edit: Going to a salon is generally less expensive than having one coming to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Skinplicity.  Their prices are on their website.  I think it was $70 or $75 for me, then $40 for everyone else and $40 for my trial.  I paid the full price at my trial so I woudln't have to worry about anything.  They use Youngblood makeup (mineral). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow those are high... I paid $60 through Salon Serenity in Somerset, MA and Mel did an amazing job... I looked beautiful!  (lol sorry to toot my own horn!)
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Glen Badessa - www.immortalcosmetics.com

He charged $50 for my trail & then $75 for day of for me & $50 each for bridal party.  I would highly recommend him - he was fantastic!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Connie Perez.  She's coming to the house and charges $45 for everyone, including the bride.  She was voted #1 wedding Make-up artist in RI monthly a few years back.

http://artisticallure.homestead.com/index.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  I actually called the make-up artist back and thanked her for her time, but told her she would out of our budget.  She called back an hour later with a lower price (70 for me, 60 for my bridesmaids!)

Hired!

Thanks again for your perspectives! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards