Colorado
Options

creative ideas for VFW/AMERICAN LEGION reception

Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate a VFW hall?  Its not our ideal location but im trying to make the best of it and not make it cheesy, so we don't break our budget!  Haven't seen a whole lot of knotties booking weddings at these places...any other thoughts would be extremly helpful!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: creative ideas for VFW/AMERICAN LEGION reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    is it a day time or evening wedding....little things that help to decorate any area is to add a little touch of home.  picutures of family on guest book table and the gift table. If you know of a good lighting company, certain lights can work wonders on a room... if it has flourescent light adn you are able to hang paper laterns...and christmas light that also gives it a nice romantic feel...

a picture of the actual room might help with people suggesting details for it.
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing it at the Eagles, so quite similar. Though we're lucky enough to have high ceilings. I'm thinking tulle and white lights! But, I think (as always) as long as everyone is having a great time, the decor won't be noticed so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, if you want a 2 for 1 cost effective company try "A Wild Thyme Catering and Events".  Not only do they have great food but they have an in house supply of decorations, centerpieces, linens etc that they include at NO cost. They do ALL the set up for you and you can enjoy your special day as the Bride, not a VFW Decorator.  lol

Ask for Ashley or Laura!!!!!  Let me know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards