Ohio-Cincinnati

Opinions on the Madison

FI and I are still looking for reception halls and went to the Madison on Saturday.  We were completely blown away by everything!  Do you have any comments about them?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinions on the Madison

• afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have heard nothing but good things about The Madison. They were out of my budget so they were not an option otherwise I would have loved to have our reception there.

• edited December 2011
    I've heard lovely things - one of my GM's sister had her wedding there and it was so beautiful.
    the wedded pups - large
    jason + katherine - wedded 6.18.2011
  • brownd9brownd9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to 2 weddings at the Madison. One was in the grande ballroom and the other was in one of the smaller rooms in the south building. Both were very nice and the food was really good. Both brides had nothing but positive things to say when we began looking at venues.

We have booked the Madison Ballroom for our reception. They have been so great to work with and are very helpful in answering all of our questions and working with us on anything we may need. They have set menus, but are allowing us to customize just about everything for no additional cost. I love that they take care of almost everything so you don't have to worry about anything once you're there! They have also given us about 20% off the total price which was really helpful for our budget. I have been working with Emily and she is great.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard anything bad about the Madison.  They definitely are wedding central.  Just keep in mind, if you're during busy season, you could be one of 5 weddings between the two buildings.   We looked there and I liked the main building, but I didn't want to have to compete with other receptions. 

Just a little note from a completely biased opinion Tongue out, check out the Syndicate.  It's not traditional, but I know they will work with you to completely customize the menu (they mentioned doing 5 tastings for an asian bride who wanted a particular dish, they did it until they got it right).  It's about the same pricing as the Madison too. 
  • Sarah GerthSarah Gerth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception there too! So far it has been great, although I do not like having to taste the food at their bridal shows the 1st Wed. of everymonth, they don't have everything and I think it costs extra for a private tasting..
  • schroeadschroead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a pretty venue, but they annoy me with sooo many letters saying "$1000 off your reception". Even though my wedding is 4 months away, I still get these mailings on a biweekly basis.

!Happily Married!
  • cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding and reception there (at The Madison South) and are having a wonderful experience so far.  However, I do agree with the bride who says that she does not like having to taste their food at the Wedding Connection that they have every 1st Wednesday of the month.  I would rather have a private tasting.  We are working with Becca, and she is wonderful to work with!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered the Madison, but ended up going with Receptions in Erlanger because I had a lot of OOT guests and I felt Receptions would be easier to find (plus they offered a bit more for the money).

The Madison was very willing to negotiate, though, when they knew I was considering someplace else--they lowered the bar and appetizer prices, etc.  So, you may want to go in with some other prices for comparison and see if you can use that to your advantage.
  • cherieandbencherieandben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Madison as well..

Make SURE you get the $1000 coupon before you book... or if you find it afterwards just ask them to still give you the discount.. it might work...

I get emails with coupons from the wedding mall in covington  and from the Madison ... just make sure you get some kind of a discount.. it never hurts to ask..
  • jromanijromani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at the Madison and it was GORGEOUS! Everything went beautifully! My pictures are amazing. THe place looked so rich and everyone still comments on how lovely it was. THe staff was outstanding! Since I was living states away, Becca made planning a breeze and was always so bubbly and upbeat! Nothing to say but good things. Def worth the little bit of extra money, to have everything turn out great and to not have the added stress!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    cherieandben, I talked to Becca about it, and unfortunately she says that $1000 off only applies to weddings before April 2011.  How do you suggest I negotiate with her?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Clearheavens, think of this as buying a car.  If you walk in and are over the moon in love, they know you're going to buy without having to negotiate much.  If you are borderline, they may throw in extras.  Make a few comments about 'Receptions is running this special' or 'but the Syndicate does this'.  Do your homework with similarly priced venues and be prepared to negotiate.  You may not get the $1000, but you may get a free bar upgrade/appetizer spread.  It also doesn't hurt to mention that you're a 'knottie' if you can work it into the conversatin on the sly.  GL!

edited December 2011
    mrs.dilligaf, thanks so much!  I'll do this!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • etouffeetouffe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep reading about these $1000 off coupons, and yet I never get one!  I took a tour; they have my email; where's my coupon?  That would actually influence my decision...
    edited December 2011
    etouffe, e-mail Becca at bwiesman@thecovingtonmadison.com and tell her that Thanh wants her to send you a coupon! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Our reception is booked for The Madison. It was the first place I went to and I immediately fell in love with the venue, the service, and the atmosphere.

We are working with Angie Patrice and she has been nothing but accomodating to me and my FI. My FI doesn't have much he wants or needs for the reception, but Angie carefully listened not only to his wants and mine, but my parents' as well.

I felt like even though there may be other receptions going on that night, it was still very private unlike Receptions. We are in the grande ballroom and have our own private steps down and our own bathrooms there.

I am very excited to continue working with The Madison and with Angie throughout this process!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards