Registry and Gift Forum

We Registered on Sunday...

And all 12 of my place settings have been purchased for us already!!

I needed to take a couple of items off the registry and when I pulled it up, noticed that they were "fulfilled!"

i don't want to be one of those registry stalkers... but I got SUPER excited when I saw that!!!

PLUS- my kitchen aid mixer was fulfilled too...
THIS could be dangerous!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We Registered on Sunday...

• wow that was fast! when are you getting married?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, you are SO lucky!  We got 2 of 12 purchased and we are debating whether to just return the 2 or buy 6 more.  <sigh>  Pretty much no one used our registry!  Maybe i shoudl have included those stupid little cards afterall... we got a lot of random stuff with no receipt that we can't return.  :(
  • Ohh, bummer noodle!!

We're getting married 9-18-11...

someone once said that they registered a little ways before their wedding and their family got them wedding/birthday gifts off their registry too... we registered early to get it "out of the way"

we are lucky because if the dishes get discounted.. we already have them!!! worse case scenario we purchase plain platters to go with our fun china!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's exciting!  Just keep an eye on it cause since you are so far out a lot of items will probably get discontinued. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Holy shite! Your wedding is a year away and people are already buying stuff off your registry? My people suck.  Haha! When we first set a date people asked where we were registered so we registered for a few things.  I'll admit to registry stalking every couple weeks.  Nothing but goose eggs in the "have" column. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When I go to a wedding I tend not to buy the gift until maybe the week before. I don't want to lose it before the wedding. :P

My aunt got in touch with me this week and told me to mark something off on the registry because she got it elsewhere. My Denby teapot! Laughing Thank you Auntie!
  • I just registered last weekend also.  I was afraid it was too early, but the general feeling was that I could watch it for things that aren't available anymore and delete them, but my family also talked about the idea of buying off them for Christmas.  If/as things might discontinue I will just add or remove as needed.  But I also feel good about them sort of being out of the way now too. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registered-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:093812cb-3201-46df-b7d0-39bec13af2d2Post:8d06fbcc-2abd-4335-b650-396488ba7d3d">Re: We Registered on Sunday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just registered last weekend also.  I was afraid it was too early, but the general feeling was that I could watch it for things that aren't available anymore and delete them, but my family also talked about the idea of buying off them for Christmas.  If/as things might discontinue I will just add or remove as needed.  But I also feel good about them sort of being out of the way now too. ;)
    Posted by katiejo86[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I did the same thing...our wedding's not for a year but we're moving in together next July and there wasn't much we needed for Christmas so we registered early to kind of take out the need of doing a Christmas list of stuff that we'd like to have so we're not living like hobbits for the few months before our wedding.  Haha, so I guses it's more of a Christmas registry with the leftovers becoming our wedding registry???
  • Well I guess you could look at it that way ;)  I didn't put every single thing on it that I wanted to register for.  I figure we will see if we get any of it and then put more after Christmas!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • That is amazing--and you still have a year to go!  That is exciting.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Wow! 

I registered a bit early since we received engagement gifts when we announced our engagement, and I thought it meant people might want a registry for our engagement party. Now, my fiance keeps flip flopping on the engagement party. So now I'm the freak that registered for a bunch of stuff waaaaay early. 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards