Connecticut

Sandals?

Hi ladies!

My FI and I are looking at honeymoon destinations and we are leaning towards Sandals. Any advice as to good one resorts, ones to say away from or information we should know? Or any other places you'd recommend?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sandals?

• were going to sandals for our honeymoon were staying at the grande riviera in jamaica.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Sandals for our honeymoon in July and are staying at the Grande St. Lucia in a rondoval! Can't wait. I've never stayed at a sandals before but I have heard great things about them. It seems like people either love or hate them. I would def. research the different places and the rooms because there are so many different types.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • We LOVED Sandals! We stayed at the Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia!! We stayed in the Romeo & Juliet suites w/an oceanview & Butler levels! Best decision we made with the Butlers---they were awesome & service was phenomenial!!!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • We stayed at Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia and loved it.  Halcyon is the smallest of the properties. The great thing about Sandals in St. Lucia (or any other location where they have multiple properties) is that you can eat and use the amenities at all of the Sandals properties - and they have free shuttle service.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_sandals-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:69b0e3f9-1a9d-4485-99f8-55a336d6c816Post:e9222df9-a14b-4a48-b77c-c97f712a4bbf">Sandals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! My FI and I are looking at honeymoon destinations and we are leaning towards Sandals. Any advice as to good one resorts, ones to say away from or information we should know? Or any other places you'd recommend? Thanks!
    Posted by KFAW63012[/QUOTE]

<div>YES went there not too long ago!  Went to Grande Riviera in Jamaica and had a wonderful time.  Can't wait to go back :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_sandals-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:69b0e3f9-1a9d-4485-99f8-55a336d6c816Post:f444477b-64c6-4029-a6e5-02d20424de89">Re: Sandals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sandals? : YES went there not too long ago!  Went to Grande Riviera in Jamaica and had a wonderful time.  Can't wait to go back :)
    Posted by Mandafly84[/QUOTE]
    which room did you stay in at the grande riviera?
  • We're going to Grande Riviera in Jamaica as well.  They just completed a multi million dollar renovation so things should be updated, I can't wait!  We are staying on the manor side (hillside).  Supposedly it's a couple minute jitney ride across the main road to the beach, and FI is not into lots of partying/noise/crowds, so hopefully it's more private/peaceful on the manor side.  But if you're in the mood to party all night or want to be right within walking distance to the beach, they reccomend Riviera (beach side).  Right now we're at concierge level, which is in between standard, and butler.  I wouldn't mind upgrading to butler service but FI said he'd feel weird if someone was waiting on him hand and foot. 
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
  • We went to Sandals Whitehouse after we got engaged and it was amazing!  It hadn't been opend too long and was only about a 90 minute drive from Montego Bay.  We ventured out some, but mostly just relaxed and ate a lot :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards