October 2012 Weddings
Options

1 BM found a dress...4 more to go!

This weekend, FI's sister came to visit for the day (she lives in Buffalo, about an hour away from where we live in Rochester).  Besides helping me to make the homemade pasta for Christmas Eve, we decided to go look at some bridesmaid's dresses.  

I had already decided on Alfred Angelo to be the designer for a few reasons:
1) Quality dresses at an affordable price
2) They are available at many bridal shops and since I have 5 bridesmaid's in 3 different cities (Albany, NY, Buffalo, NY, and Durham, NC) that was a must!

I also decided on black as the color, long for the length, and satin for the material.  They can pick whichever style (strapless, straps, halter, etc) they like and are comfortable with.

Luckily, there's an actual Alfred Angelo store about 15 minutes outside of Rochester so that's where we went.

Although I didn't care for the store manager (luckily our interaction with her was brief) the consultant that helped us out was very nice.  There was a whole wall of options to chose from, so we just started pulling options that FI's sister wanted to try on.  

She picked this one (<--click) out...  It was super flattering on her (actually the first one she tried on!) and the price was definitely right!  They were having a special that day of $15 off any bridesmaid dress : ) So, the whole thing with tax came to about $160...well under my goal of keeping BM dresses under $200! 

That was quick and easy!  I think we were in and out of the store in about an hour! The dress should be here in about 8 weeks, and then she'll take it back for alterations a few months before the wedding. Hopefully this goes as smoothly for the other 4 too : )

Has anyone else started the BM dress search yet?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 BM found a dress...4 more to go!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We started at the beginning of December and we found one that fits all three girls really nicely.  We also went to Alfred Angelo and picked style 7132 in either the color shown or tealness.  It's extremely inexpensive at the store ($120) but they also carry it at Pearls Place for $78 so we will order it from them.  They also want to add a sash, but haven't picked it out just yet.

Here is a link to the dress:
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ladies, those BM dresses are beautiful! so exciting!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    Nic12184 - Very nice dress! Good luck with it going so smoothly with your other BM's

Ystaalenburg- LOVE that dress! That's one of my top pick for dresses but I am not sure everyone will be comfortable in it.  I checked out your Planning Bio and we are planning very similiar looks and themes for our weddings!
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DanaOcNY - Yeah, I've noticed that too about our themes.  What colors are you using?  The girls all loved that dress and it was flattering on all their bodies.  They also said it was one of the most comfortable ones they tried on.  It doesn't look like that great of a dress on the website, but it really looked great on them and it was almost left out of the choices, so I'm glad we went back to it. :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm still looking for mine (i.e. I haven't visited a salon with any bridesmaids yet).  They wanted the dresses to be $100 maximum and it's really hard to find dresses in that price range unless they are made of cotton.  I was hoping for knee-length black satin dresses, and like OP letting them pick their own style.  Even with David's bridal, the only dresses under $100 are made of cotton.

I talked with one BM and told her that if the dress she likes comes a little above $100 I would be happy to subsidize it (she pay the first $100 and I pay the rest) although she said don't be silly and she'll be fine.  Still I feel really bad asking for dresses outside their budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We went to try on just for fun. I am having same color, fabric and length as well. Everything else is up to them. Everyone will have a different dress and they all kind of have an idea of which dress they want. We will probably go again in May/June and then order them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_1-bm-found-dress4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:3de3176f-3946-49ab-8c84-f71c322f2c0bPost:cd4f40ab-b92d-40f2-bac3-e1d95ccf30c1">Re: 1 BM found a dress...4 more to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still looking for mine (i.e. I haven't visited a salon with any bridesmaids yet).  They wanted the dresses to be $100 maximum and it's really hard to find dresses in that price range unless they are made of cotton.  I was hoping for knee-length black satin dresses, and like OP letting them pick their own style.  Even with David's bridal, the only dresses under $100 are made of cotton. I talked with one BM and told her that if the dress she likes comes a little above $100 I would be happy to subsidize it (she pay the first $100 and I pay the rest) although she said don't be silly and she'll be fine.  Still I feel really bad asking for dresses outside their budget.
    Posted by lenergyrlah[/QUOTE]

<div>You may want to check out Pearls Place.  They are a reputable business that sells name brand designers for less.  You may be able to get your bridesmaids in a dress for under that $100 mark.  The dress that we picked is a satin and will cost $78.  They do combined shipping for $20.  All you need to know is the style number, size and color and they get it to you the same way as if it were to go directley to the store.  Good luck!</div>
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ystaalenburg- I am using dark purple as my main color with accents of teal & a blue or green. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_1-bm-found-dress4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:3de3176f-3946-49ab-8c84-f71c322f2c0bPost:5dda0dfc-5c83-474f-b356-21ba6fefea6f">Re: 1 BM found a dress...4 more to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ystaalenburg- I am using dark purple as my main color with accents of teal & a blue or green. 
    Posted by DanaOcNy[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too! :)  Well, eggplant with accents of teal and then we are using green in the flowers.  I just ordered some eggplant linens and a teal napkin as a sample.  We'll see how they look together when we get them in.</div>
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards