Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• Options
    Yeah I know the feeling.  I'm 27 too, and most of the time when asked how old I am I have to think about it for a second. 

My birthday was a Monday this year, and was much more sad than fun.  We celebrated it with my family the night before we moved, so I was crying all night saying goodbye.  Then I spent most of the day of my actual birthday in the car driving here.  Birthdays suck as you get older.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BIRDIE!  27 was a weird one for me - it was like - entering 'late 20's'  :)  Not as bad as 30 though :)  Do you do bday gifts?  If so, did you get anything good?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Awww beach I'm sorry :( Your next bday will be much better!

Thanks Kelly! So far it's kind of weird to think I'm 27. It makes me feel like a grown up. :) FI and I will be getting married a week before I turn 28, which is even weirder for me to think.

I've had a pretty good day, but it's also been a bit sad. I know this sound stupid, but I think it's because it was the first year where it didn't feel like a special day to me. I've always loved my bday and I always build it up and get really excited. I also didn't get to really see any friends or family this weekend, so I think I'm just missing them.

So far I've only received a gift from FI. He got me a Kindle. :) I probably won't receive any other bday presents until we go home for Thanksgiving. They'll most likely be gift cards because I couldn't really come up with any good ideas for my bday. It's hard knowing what I should ask for my bday and Xmas and what I should wait to put on a wedding registry.
  • Options
    I got a Kindle too!  I found a forum that lists free books available, if you're interested :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sweet thanks! I'm going to wait and see what kind of GC's I get and then go crazy getting accessories :)
  • Options
    Hiya!  I'm here - being kinda lazy.  Happy Birthday Birdie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Andy!

Am I lame for going to bed early on my bday? :-P
  • Options
    Haha, I went to bed earliy on my b-day because we had no TV or internet and nothing to do.  And we had to sleep on an air mattress that night. 

Hi Andy!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dude its your birfday - go to bed when you want yo.  I'm going to bed at 10 on the dot tonight.  I have a super early appt tomorrow (7 am eek!)  and there is no cool tv.  Man I'm lame.

Hi dnb!
  • Options
    I'm here.  All our boxes are filled, so Mr Arb is going to bring home some more tomorrow from work. 

I got to celebrate my birthday with my family this weekend and spend some time with Luke, so I consider it a success <3
  • Options
    Dude beach that sucks. Your 28th birthday will definitely be better!!

I actually went to bed early last year and my bday was on a Saturday. We went to Churchill Downs for one of their fall races and I was pretty beat from being there all day.

It was super nice waking up this morning. We stayed at the Marriott for FI's college thing and we usually can't afford to stay there. It was kind of a treat to wake up in an awesome bed bigger than our own at home and without a dog hogging all of our arm room. We just laid there for an hour or two because we could.
  • Options
    hi andy!  did you H enjoy that ass kicking wisc put on yesterday?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I really hate sitting upstairs on the desktop to be online.  Its so much better sitting on the couch with my laptop and a glass of wine.  Well, I have the wine up here with me, but still.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K girls I think I'm heading to bed. Have a great night!
  • Options
    Goodnight Birdie.  Enjoy the last few hours of your birthday!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My wine is all gone :(
    Good night birthday girl!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d2fb776b-9964-4372-b6fd-16ab79927cdcPost:d9f2ee1e-4f7e-482e-b780-de10f2619dc8">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi andy!  did you H enjoy that ass kicking wisc put on yesterday?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    yes I did.  Not sure how I'll feel about any ass they may or may not kick next weekend.  :)

How are you?
  • Options
    I am good.  Counting down the hours left in my 20's :)  Nothing too exciting going on I guess. I'm trying to convince myself to put our trip pictures in order, since we used 2 cameras, everything is all mixed up.  But I'm kinda too lazy to do that.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    When you get done with that...want to print out my wedding pics and do the same thing?  Thanks!

When is your birthday again?  Tomorrow?
  • Options
    Haha I can't tell you how many times i put the wedding pics in order and they kept getting screwed up.  I gave up. At least our album is in order.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's tuesday.  
    I still have not printed out 1 wedding pic.  oops.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My parents keep asking for pics - it makes me feel quite guilty.
  • Options
    We made copies of the picture CDs for my parents and MIL.  And I uploaded all of them on Shutterfly to a share site so people could order them that way.  I went to Wal-mart and printed out all 997 of them the day after we got the CD back.  Then we put together our album.  (And by album, I mean a regular cheap photo album.  At least its black and white damask which ended up being our wedding theme).  We sent some pictures to a few of our vendors to use too since they asked us for them. 

And the rest are sitting in the closet to be pulled out when we randomly need pics for things.

I love our photobooth pics though.  I put together 2 frames with those and they are on our stairs.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have empty frames too.  I think that makes me feel better to know you do too.  dnb I'm jealous of your photobooth.
  • Options
    Well I guess I do have a full set of our pics - our photog sent us a full copy of 4x6s.  So I put them all into an album, but that's as far as I got.  I still haven't watched our video.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Andy I'm so happy we got it.  It was so much fun, and some of the drunk pictures are hilarious. 

KJB did you hire a videographer?  We thought about it, then did the photobooth instead.  But one of my BM's videotaped the morning at the salon and getting ready, and then passed the camcorder to her H who recorded the main parts of the ceremony and reception.  We were thrilled with it, and that it was free.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hahahaha thats awesome.  Yeah we've watched our video once.  And i made a copy of it and mailed it to my mom, but she hasn't said if she watched it or not.  As of now, I'm glad we went the route that we did.  I love seeing all the photobooth pics as I walk up the stairs.  When you come visit you'll see them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome!  At least I know where I'm going
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Mr. Beefy can come too.  You can tell H that you are bringing him to recoop from his surgery in the fresh mountain air. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aww my poor Beefy.  He's been at my mom's since mid-october and will probably be there til mid-december.  we have stairs everywhere in our house, so it would be really hard for me to get him up and down the stairs to take him outside.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards