May 2013 Weddings

Checks!

My garter came in!  I know it's kind of early to order one, but I've kept my weight constant for a while and have to keep it constant for the dress to fit so why not?  I'm so excited it's handmade (thank you etsy) with purple and ivory fabric flowers sewn onto ivory lace.  

That's probably the only wedding-related thing I've gotten done lately, so I'm pretty excited.  What have y'all gotten done recently?
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Checks!

• My STD's were shipped from Vistaprint and should arrive next week! We also had another caterer tasting and will be booking that soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome! I wanted to order my garter set off Etsy too but I can't stomach spending the money on it. I want to try to re-create it.
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_checks-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:824d2360-24aa-4b0e-9003-cab18aa8d436Post:9ab25411-a313-43d4-806f-120073f743f8">Re: Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! I wanted to order my garter set off Etsy too but I can't stomach spending the money on it. I want to try to re-create it.
    Posted by SRRL18[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The garter is one of the few things from the wedding I'm keeping, so I figured it was worth it.  Honestly mine wasn't too expensive though.  Even including shipping.  Then again I'm not really crafty and can't sew to save my life, so making mine wasn't an option.

</div>
  • Can you PM me who you went through on Etsy? I actually just ordered a set of custom made clutches on Etsy for my BM's and attendants and myself & they are going to be super awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I caved and bought my bouquet from someone on the wedding classifieds list. I also bought some random glass vases that will be used as my centerpiece glasses for my RD tables. Im on the fence about ordering a custom clutch that I'm in love with and pretty much everything else. Sigh... so much to do....
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just booked our florist! So glad we did it when we did because she only have one opening left for our wedding weekend!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge October- Honeymoon! 7 days in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! image
  • I honestly haven't done much for the wedding since I started school. For all of September I bought stamps and sent out STDs... nothing exciting. I need to crack done and get some of the big things finished though! I found a garter on Etsy that I fell in love with, hopefully will be buying that soon!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Are you still in undergrad as well, Carson?  

I can definitely understand the whole not getting much done while in school.  The garter only happened because I ended up having some left over money and an hour to kill on etsy.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards