Ohio-Cincinnati

Cakes

FI and I love cheesecake, the problem is we are not sure if everyone will eat it or not.  We would like to possibly have a normal big cake then a side cheese cake.  Are side cakes a waste? Or the grooms cake?  Cupcakes maybe?  What do you think?

Re: Cakes

• jennearstonjennearston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would get a side cake.  You can do cupcakes if you want, but it'd be easier I think to do cheesecake on the side.

Who is doing your cake?  I would ask them if they could provide a side cake for you...I think cupcakes would be a pain personally.
    Its offical...I am married!!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a cheesecake wedding cake with a regular grooms cake.  I can tell you for sure that the cheesecake went over WAY better than the regular cake.  I know a few of our guests didn't like cheesecake, but having the regular option worked out just fine.  Everyone else?  Loved the cheesecake. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting our cake from Jerry's Cheesecake and one of our smaller layers is going to be their signature yellow cake (yellow cake, layer of raspberry preserves, and almond buttercream icing).  I think the majority of people will love the cheesecake and it'll be a small minority who want the regular one.  GL! :)
  • suze68suze68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had individual cupcake sized cheescakes on a cupcake stand with different fruit toppings available for guests to choose. They also had a small cake for those who did not like cheesecake. The whole thing went over very well.
    image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards