Wedding Woes

Missing Bride Gene

I have been with my finace for 9 years (I was 16) I have been in 6 weddings. We got engaged in Oct and everything was booked within 2 days, even my dress is ready. Our wedding is not until Sept and I am feeling like I should be more enthusiastic about the planning. Am I missing something? I am so excited for the day and to be marrying him but I am feeling a bit of an anti-bride right now. Any suggestions to get in the bride spirit? People keep telling me to enjoy my engagement!

Re: Missing Bride Gene

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh. There's no rule that says you have to be all wedding all the time for the next 10 months. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to worry about too much right now. You'll be surprised how it all piles up in the last few weeks.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats a long time to be excited. If everything is done, sit back and relax.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you're fine.  Don't overthink it.  I was engaged for a year and for the first 6 months or so, there really wasn't that much to do.  It's okay to NOT be the obsessed bride type.  In my opinion, it's better if you're not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RaiKaiRaiKai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I planned and arranged almost everything for our wedding within a couple weeks of our engagement (this includes invites, hotel and airline reservations, marriage license, flowers, food, dress, rings, officiant, etc).

We had a lot less time to wait until the wedding than you, but still. FI actually did a lot more of the planning than I did.

We were both very excited to get engaged and are both very excited to be getting married; however I personally could not get too excited about planning. In my personal opinion, wedding planning should not take over your life, or your relationship.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards