New York-Western

Buffalo touches to an out of town wedding

I'm a born and raised Buffalonian but am not having my wedding there.  I would like to have little touches of Buffalo during my wedding reception.  Any ideas?

Re: Buffalo touches to an out of town wedding

• shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the food you are having, you could add local condiments like Webber's Mustard, Ruttie's Blue Cheese, Anchor Bar or Duff's wing sauce. You could serve roast beef on Weck.

Local beers like Genny, Labatts or Molson Canadian.
    Possibly tie landmarks or sports teams in decor or favors.

What do you hae planned so far?
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buffalo is most know for it food, so the suggestion above work for me. Also if you are a Bills fan you could play the Bills Shout song instead of the orginal shout song. You could also name the table names famous place or building in Buffalo. That is all I can think of right now. If I come up with something else I will let you know.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    what about doing fowlers chocolate favors?  like the ones shaped like buffalos?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking some of the easiest places to work Buffalo touches in would be favors and table names.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    I like the naming the tables idea and to add to it,  maybe black and white photos of the place the table is named after?
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_buffalo-touches-out-of-town-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:049f59ad-1135-4f58-bf29-7db9a4cf921ePost:cd8ca941-0c71-40c3-9d2a-712175f07863">Re: Buffalo touches to an out of town wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]what about doing fowlers chocolate favors?  like the ones shaped like buffalos?
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]
    Haha we're doing the same thing for our out of town guests. Except our Buffalos will be from Alethea's in Clarence. Both delicious!
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Buffalo is known for food!  Either do some 'Buffalo favorites" such as beef on weck, or wings... or go for italian/polish/irish/greek dishes.  definitely see if you can find some local brews or molson.  Perhaps loganberry for the little ones.  Bison chip dip, etc, etc.... I know you can ship most of that stuff elsewhere too.

the idea of table names being buffalo landmarks is pretty neat -- especially with all the great architecture.  if you're sports fans, you could incorporate bills/sabres colors. photos of hsbc or the old aud, or bills stadium might be fun.  You could also do different 'districts' such as allentown, elmwood, etc

I'm sure you can think up some awesome ideas about what you love about being a Buffalonian!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards