Chit Chat
Options

Burn out?

Does anyone ever feel like they are burnt out on planning? I know I have a ton of stuff to do, but I'm not really psyched to do any of it! In May I start my second job, my fiance works construction and he's going to get busy, so we tried to a lot of the stuff before this time. However I've still got some major stuff to complete. I kind of wish I could just blink and it all happens how we want and we don't have to lift a finger! Yikes literally have four months!

I'm more excited for the honeymoon because I know I'll be able to relax!

Re: Burn out?

• Options
    It happens to everyone.  The urgle to plan seemed to come in cycles for me.  I'd go from PLAN PLAN PLAN to meh, I don't care then back to PLAN PLAN PLAN.  If you feel you need a break, take a break. 
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I am the same way, if you feel you have quite a bit done, then take a break. I am still kind of in a break mode, and the wedding stuff is happening around me with minor input. But i hear ya on just wanting to blink and have it all be done!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    I have a year til the wedding, so it's just getting exciting... but I'm planning on making A LOT (my dress, my centerpieces, etc) so I'm anticipating that I will feel a burn out before next April gets here.  Do  you have a lot of support and help from family/friends? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_burn-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:eddc37ce-3af9-4a39-a9a0-21a12a91f5d7Post:95a3a0a9-7c43-4389-92da-687548313887">Re: Burn out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It happens to everyone.  The urgle to plan seemed to come in cycles for me.  I'd go from PLAN PLAN PLAN to meh, I don't care then back to PLAN PLAN PLAN.  If you feel you need a break, take a break. 
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]
    Exactly my approach.   If it stops being enjoyable, take a break.   I don't necessarily agree with the party line of "OMG Wedding planning is the best time of your life!", but I don't think it's something you should resent or feel overwhelmed by.  
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    We pretty much planned our entire wedding within the 4 months after we got engaged.  So we're just basically hanging out until November.

I was, however, extremely burnt out from my sister's bridal shower.  It was last Saturday and I am beyond happy that it's finally over.  That was way more stressful than planning our wedding.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I have had friends and family offer me help and some have helped out in big ways. It's just the basic decision making that we have to make and no one else can make for us that has got us burnt out. I've just got to stick to my mini goals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards