Getting in Shape

Exerspy/Bodybugg?

Has anyone bought either?  I thought I saw a post before about something similar but around $100 instead of the $220 these things go for?  Can anyone help out?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Exerspy/Bodybugg?

• I have the BodyBugg. I got it with the watch/display thing at my gym (24 hour fitness) when they were having a sale. It's pretty awesome. It REALLY opened my eyes as to how many calories I should be eating. Without knowing what I was burning, calorie consumption was really just a shot in the dark.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I just got a bodybugg last weekend, through a program at my gym. The fitness program hasn't started yet, but I have already started using the bodybugg, and it is REALLY interesting. I am having a lot of fun with it, like a new toy!

Like Mery said, it is really surprising to see the actual number of calories burned in a day. I had been counting calories on sparkpeople, but this is much more complete, since it has a real number for what is burned, and not just a lame estimate. You can look at certain periods of time in the day, so I have had fun comparing different workouts to see what have burned more (zumba, which I enjoy but thought was the "easiest" of my gym classes, actually burns the most calories!).  Also comparing an hour at work that I know I was standing vs. an hour sitting at my desk, the calories burned while housecleaning, running errands, stuff like that.

I would really recommend it if you want to get serious about counting calories in/out!
  • Cr, I can look at my chart every day and tell when I get up from my desk to walk to the bathroom. Lol.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • So do yall pay for the monthly subscription or is that not necessary? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For mine, 1 year of subscription to the website came with the unit when I bought it. Otherwise, it's only $5/month I think, if you pay for the whole year at once.

You can find used ones for sale on ebay, too, sometimes, but you'll obviously have to subscribe to the website on your own.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Mery- Ha! Yeah, I knew my job wasn't exactly active, but I didn't realize quite how much sitting I do...and how that adds up for the day. Now I've been trying to get up more for little things, and it's cool to see the little spikes!

Mine comes with a 1 year subscription, too, and since I'm only on week 1, I haven't gotten far enough to think about after the year is up. I would imagine that I'll keep it active, though, since it's a reasonable fee and I like using it.
  • I have had my bodybugg for about 3 months. It's been a wonderful tool! I've dropped over 40lbs so far at about 3.5 lbs/week. I do 45 min on the elliptical and a 40 min walk with my dog each day I found out that I burn the same # of cal on the walk as I do on the elliptical machine (at 4 incline/10 resistance). 
    I'm working on getting down to a size 6 from a size 16W... I'm currently down to a 10. 
     :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards