Michigan-Grand Rapids

Anyone have any opinions on Goei Center?

I saw this place online and it looks really great from the website.  Looks like it has cool lighting and ambiance. 

Has anyone had their reception here or been to a reception here? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone have any opinions on Goei Center?

• SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, but it looks amazing, and I'm annoyed they opened after we were already married.  Dang! That would have been perfect.
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been there either, but I agree - it definitely looks worth checking out!
  • SusanK77SusanK77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking in to this venue a couple months ago. It is beautiful but it is in a pretty rough neighborhood. Also you have to use Eastern Floral for your flowers since it is owned by the same people and Eastern is known to be one of the most expensive florists around.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't visited this site, but when I called and got information I thought it was pretty pricey inmo.  I ended up choosing The Pearl Room from McFadden's.  Have you checked them out at all?
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_anyone-opinions-goei-center?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:77ce57bb-f2b1-4e83-854f-d90b6e4dcd1aPost:fd916b13-5495-459a-9ed5-8c155501ff3d">Re: Anyone have any opinions on Goei Center?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking in to this venue a couple months ago. It is beautiful but it is in a pretty rough neighborhood. Also you have to use Eastern Floral for your flowers since it is owned by the same people and Eastern is known to be one of the most expensive florists around.
    Posted by SusanK77[/QUOTE]

Who said you have to have flowers at all? ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you talking about the newest Eastern Floral location? It's downtown. I haven't been to a wedding there, but I have had a site visit there. It is beautiful. I can tell you it has all hard wood floors...it might make dancing very noisy.

They do have a really nice staging kitchen. That means your caterer would prepare the food offsite and just get it ready there. You have something like six caterers to choose from by using this venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards