Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

MOG dress help!

My FMIL didn't get her dress yet... (she's not much better off than my mom who ordered hers and they just told her it is coming in 4 days before the wedding!!!!) Anyway we live in the far northeast near Bensalem but we are willing to go to NJ too... we need somewhere that has Womens/plus size dresses and she doesn't want to spend a fortune (We looked at some that cost more than my wedding dress the other day!) any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MOG dress help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Boscov's all the way.  My FMIL was the same way, and she is a 16.  We managed to get a really nice dress for her for around $100.
  • Options
    PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she looked and didn't see any but she said the selection was really small... maybe we'll try another one!!!!
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mark Henry Fashions on Street Road, a little west of Bustleton Pike (on the left hand side if you're coming from Bensalem).  While my mom also got her dress at Boscov's, DH's aunt got her dresses for all 3 of her kids' weddings there.  She is plus sized as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try nice consignment shops.  My mom got her dress at Resale Boutique in Wilmington DE.  Bought it $300 less than retail, got it dry cleaned and was good to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we tried davids bridal and she didn't really like anything (my mom got her dress there though)... and mark henry. She found one there she kind of liked but wasn't in love with.  They said they are getting a new shipment in soon so we are going back to look again.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Looks like we were on the right track but just haven't found anything.... so the search continues!
  • Options
    mwg616mwg616 member
    edited December 2011
    What about Group USA at Franklin Mills?  They have tons of MOB, MOG dresses....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think dress barn has a plus size store. They have really stepped up their formal wear game in the past 2 years.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we live close to FM so we will check out USA... I've never been in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards